Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pre-tournament blabber

I thought it'd be easier as a reference to write something about the warmachine tournament in Ropecon in general.

First of all, there were 20 participants in the 50 point tournament on Saturday.

There were lots of Cryx and Circle players around, probably making about half of the players.

Then there were a couple of Legion and even Trollblood players (no Skorne, though). It's nice that Hordes is starting to show up in tournaments in Finland.

The tournament format was a randomised scenario, 50 point lists.

There were three lists to choose from (every list needed to have a different caster, epics counting as different) and every list needed to be used at least once in the tournament. There were 4 rounds.

I'm writing down my lists here for future references in the actual write-ups.

List 1: Stoning like a hurricane!
Krueger the Stormlord
Argus
Gnarlhorn Satyr
Megalith

Druids of Orboros + Overseer
4x Tharn Ravagers + Chieftain + Shaman
Shifting Stones
Blackclad Wayfarer
Reeve Hunter
Lord of the Feast
Thrullg

List 2: Crush my salty tears
Mohsar the Desertwalker
Wold Guardian
Gnarlhorn Satyr
Feral Warpwolf
Gorax
Woldwyrd

Shifting Stones + Stone Keeper
Tharn Bloodweavers
10x Wolves of Orboros + Attachment
Blackclad Wayfarer
Druid Wilder

List 3: The Redneck Tree & some cat litter
Cassius the Oathkeeper
Megalith
Gnarlhorn Satyr
Woldwatcher

Druids of Orboros
4x Tharn Ravagers + Chieftain
10x Wolves of Orboros + Attachment
Shifting Stones
Sentry Stone & Mannikins
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew
Lanyssa Ryssyl
War Wolf

These "3 caster, need to use every list at least once" tournaments are quite popular format around here and I like it a lot too, because I like to use as much different lists as possible.

Also, I try to construct my lists so that there is not a single auto-include, which means there is not a single model that is present in all of the lists. However, I didn't succesfully manage it this time, as I have Gnarlhorn Satyr in every list.

A permissible cheat is to use a unit in a different combination, which means a minimum/maximum units with or without attachments are different combinations, so Shifting Stones don't count.

Heh. I think I'm a bit silly there.

But then, on with the write-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment