Saturday, July 6, 2019

Turned to Dust


It's been a long while since I played Arkham Horror, but during my visit to Kuhmo that changed.

I don't remember too much from the actual game - I was dead tired when we started. And Arkham Horror isn't exactly a short game.

We were two players, but used four investigators. Reason was that random chance gave us Quachil Uttaus as our Ancient One. And I trust game owner's judgement when he told that there are few stronger Ancients in the whole deck.

I got Harrigan and Joe Diamond as my characters, and Lily Chen and some other inconsequential character.

Sadly Lily Chen is the first player, which meant that she was most certainly going to die. And she was the strongest character.

Joe Diamond seemed like he might pull his weight in the final fight thanks to every clue token giving extra die.

We decided to go for Ancient's awakening ending.

Joe received Blessing and got enough clue tokens for about forty attack dice. But thanks to some adept dice rolling on my part, way less than half were actual successes.

Considering Uttaus was one of the strongest evils, I think we did fine anyway when all investigators were dead, world in ruins and five tokens left on Ancient's doom track. Meaning it only had ten plus something wounds left out of the starting forty-eight.


Maybe it'll take a little less than seven years before I play Arkham Horror again.

No comments:

Post a Comment