Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Darkest Host

Alright, I need to write this one down in haste, though I've got one game that was played earlier. But here this time I forgot my camera, and my phone is lost so I couldn't take pictures with that one either. And memory is such an unreliable tool.

It was a 75 point practice game for upcoming tournament in Ropecon. We were both playing Dark Host theme for Cryx.

My list was

[Theme] Dark Host
Lord Exhumator Scaverous [+27]
- Corruptor [14]
- 2x Deathripper [6]
- Desecrator [14]
- Reaper [13]
- Skarlock Thrall [4]
Bane Lord Tartarus [0(6)]
Darragh Wrathe [9]
Bane Warriors (max) [16]
- Bane Warrior Officer & Standard [5]
Wraith Engine [15]

Opponent had

[Theme] Dark Host
Lich Lord Asphyxious [+28]
- 2x Deathripper [6]
- 2x Stalker [8]
Bane Lord Tartarus [0(6)]
2x Machine Wraith [2]
Bane Knights (max) [15]
- Bane Knight Officer [0(4)]
2xBane Riders (max) [20]
Bane Warriors (max) [16]
- Bane Warrior Officer & Standard [0(5)]


Opponent had so little magical weapons available that I dared to run Wraith Engine pretty much to middle board on my right side - far from opponent's objective that could give magical weapons.

On second turn Asphyxious would actually have been within walking distance of Wraith Engine that benefits from Death Ride and Telekinesis. I wasted precious minutes in trying to figure out a way for me to land Telekinesis and Icy Grip on Asphyxious and throw Feast of Worms into the mix.

But I couldn't find even a theoretical way to do that.

Game in short summary: I was flooded with Banes. I had some AoE available for example in Corruptors gun, but Asphyxious could easily force Corruptor to expose itself for charges.

I conceded after fifth turn, because I had lost every important piece to even dream of an assassination, and had too few models left to contest zones in a meaningful manner. I pretty much wasted Scaverous' feat and opponent used his to remove Wraith Engine from board that had finally taken a few swings.

No comments:

Post a Comment