Thursday, July 25, 2019

Sorscha1 vs Goreshade1

Oh my. Ropecon starts tomorrow and this is still in queue for writing. Better do it now.

I played this 50 point game of warmachine about a week ago.

My list:

Goreshade the Bastard [+27]
- Deathripper [6]
- Leviathan [16]
- Malice [15]
- Slayer [10]
- Stalker [8]
- Satyxis Blood Priestess [4]
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist [4]
Black Ogrun Ironmongers [6]
Cephalyx Overlords [8]

Opponent had a list something like this. I can't figure out the remaining two points, though.

Kommander Sorscha [+29]
- Destroyer [14]
- Destroyer [14]
- Juggernaut [13]
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios [7]
Man-O-War Shocktroopers (max) [16]
Steelhead Riflemen (max) [13]

Because it looked like I wouldn't be doing many practice games before entering Ropecon tournament, I built my list to somewhat resemble my second list. Which, by the way, was overhauled overnight because two days before tournament rules... changed. But that's another story.

We played one of the new 2019 scenarios.

Cryx went second, and all in all scenario game looked promising. If it wasn't for Eiryss, who came to contest flag on my side. I charged her with Iron Mongers, but they just pretty much tied each other into melee. Fortunately opponent didn't score lucky hits to critical systems on my warjacks just yet, so "losing" mechanics this early wasn't a fatal blow. And of course they tried to repair Eiryss off the board instead.

Slayer trampled to contest enemy rectangular zone. Then I decide to launch an all-out offensive. I thought if I could remove at least two Khadoran heavies, I would be able to take Sorscha's feat without too much casualties.

Goreshade used feat and Bane Warriors charged around. I forget if Malice finalized Juggernaut or what. Leviathan got full three shots and took at least two of them on Destroyer with boost to hit. Stalker charged another Destroyer. It has only few damage boxes left, so even Cephalyx try to come and use psychic storm.

All in all I could not destroy two Khadoran heavies, but both remaining were crippled enough.

Next Sorscha uses her feat, but she plays safe and stays behind her army.

I'm amazed that Slayer survived that turn. Stalker went to study what the heck does the word "smithereen" actually mean. But all things considered it wasn't too bad. Cryx focused on removing warrior models from board. Most Man-O-Wars perished, but that was it.

However, I had been getting lead in scenario game. Not a huge lead, but slowly it added up. Goreshade won by scenario.






No comments:

Post a Comment