Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Meta musings

So I actually haven't played games for a long time now.

But I wanted to write something so that I won't feel like abandoning this blog.

Upcoming Turku Fanatic tournament is a perfect happening to ramble on, then. I'm going to attend.

I'm taking Cryx with me.

Format is actually exactly the same as in Ropecon. That means three lists with different warcasters and you have to use each list at least once and no more than twice. Because there is more game rounds than in Ropecon that would mean the last round you couldn't choose your list at all. That's why there's a little exception.

But anyway, my lists I plan to use:

Mortenebra
-Cankerworm
-Deathripper
-Harrower
-Slayer
Maximum unit of Bane Thralls + Unit Attachment
Minimum unit of Mechanithralls + Brute Thrall
Withershadow Combine
Bane Lord Tartarus
Gorman diWulfe
Necrotech & Scrap Thrall
Warwitch Siren

Yeah, it's a Mortenebra non-tiered list!
Next:

Wraith Witch Deneghra
-2x Nightwretch
-Harrower
-Seether
Minimum unit of Bile Thralls
Maximum unit of Satyxis Raiders + Sea Witch
Minimum unit of Soulhunters
Orin Midwinter
Satyxis Captain
Ogrun Bokur
Necrotech & Scrap Thrall

Sure, epic Deneghra is a scenario based game beast. But on top of that I tried to make a sudden, unexpected and murdering list. Amazing threat ranges even through enemy units hopefully will wreck something. Agonizer, maybe?

Next:

Venethrax
-Defiler
-Helldiver
-Corruptor
-Seether
Maximum unit of Bane Thralls + Unit Attachment
Maximum unit of Bile Thralls
Withershadow Combine
Bane Lord Tartarus
Necrotech & Scrap Thrall
Warwitch Siren

I'm not sure if this is a good list but I've played so few games with Venethrax that I want more practice. I don't even have Skarlock but hopefully I'll manage without. I've managed without earlier too, usually I place my Skarlock stupidly and it gets itself killed on round 2.


Anyway, I like varied lists. I tried to do the same funny "house" rule with list building that I used at Ropecon tournament. That meant that there would be no model that would be present in all three lists. Well, it happened so that actually I do have a necrotech in every list.

Curious thing that I don't have a Skarlock in any of my lists except, well, for Mortenebra who has her own. But, with these I'm seeing what I can do in somehow competitive environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment