Saturday, October 30, 2010

28.10.2010 - Three murders at friend's place, Jyväskylä

I think I hadn't actually played Cluedo ever.

But on Thursday we played quite a few of them with four players.

Damn it was fun but it's a bit difficult to have anything clever to say about that game. But it's a good example that you don't actually need awesomely detailed 100-page rulebook for an entertaining game.

We did house rule dice away from the game though and decided everyone moved a static 7. And it's a good house rule because only endgame where everyone's having some strong hunches who killed Blackpepper and where and how would be any thrilling with rolling dice for move.

Anyway, I played miss Scarlett in every game. It just happened so that I really started to like that character after first game where I always accused myself of the murder. And the trend continued on following games too.

Funnily enough, miss Scarlett was the murderer in two games out of three!

First game other player managed to pull a good bluff that tricked me badly and I made a false final accusation. Actually things went so weird that three players out of four made wrong final accusations. Turned out miss Scarlett didn't remember that well in which room did she kill mr. Blackpepper...

Second game I happened to got miss Scarlett's card and as second player I got the chance to pick miss Scarlett again. By then I had taken it as a bit of my style to always accuse myself in any room and I thought it might be a good bluff to continue it. Second game started a bit weird because I happened to ask in exactly right room with exactly right murder weapon had I killed mr. Blackpepper. That meant no cards were shown at all.

Later the same thing happened in totally different corner of the playing board. Obviously accuser had to have the room card in her hand.

That game ended in my victory because I knew for sure who was missing: the killer.

Third game was hilarious because it came soon pretty apparent that miss Scarlett was again the killer. This resulted everyone dragging her through about every room in the house...

Uncertainty is a lovely feeling in a mystery game such as Cluedo. Late in the game I was pretty certain I got the right theory what had happened but I wasn't 100% sure. I chickened out and tried to fish more info out of other players just by hanging in the corridors but it didn't really pay off because another player went in and won the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment