Sunday, October 31, 2010

Taking a shot on magnetising

Slayer/Reaper has been fully magnetised now.

I don't have the Malice parts yet but I'm about to magnetise it too into the same chassis.

Those souls could have been quite a problem but I thought of a way to go about it. I'm doing two different bases, one normal for reaper/slayer and one for Malice where the souls are floating around.

Anyway, I'm quite happy how well things turned out. Parts fit quite nicely and seem sturdy enough. Another thing will be how everything looks when it's fully painted.

I'm updating this post now... I thought that now that I'm "connected" to stuff (Iron Agenda Bloggin Network) I might as well write down a bit of the important stuff. If people are looking for, like, tips on magnetising.

Well sadly enough I can only tell how not to do it.

Get real tools. I just carved slots with pin vice and dull carpet knife. It was horrible and I didn't do it in one go. If you don't mind unnecessary pain then you can go cheap like I did but it has it's price in work you need to do.

Magnets are rare earth magnets, you can order them for pretty cheap from Maelstrom Games. For these faction warjacks they're just perfectly sized. Magnetising myrmidons with them might be a pain though.

No comments:

Post a Comment