Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year 2011 in painting

So, I made a new year's resolution to beat my last years painting. Today is the last day to take a look on that.

My new years resolution for 2011 had an extra clause: I was to go to a tournament using Circle of Orboros. I went to Ropecon warmachine/hordes tournament, so I succeeded there.

Now, a summary of my paintings:

Cryx:
Lord Exhumator Scaverous
Ripjaw
Reaper/Slayer/Malice/Erebus magnetised kit
3x Scrap Thralls
"Baselift", meaning repainting bases to look a bit nicer.

Mercenaries:
Ragman

Skorne:
Dominar Rasheth
Rhinodon
Cyclops Shaman
6x Cataphract Cetrati
4x Praetorian Swordmen
Aptimus Marketh
Extoller Soulward
Flayer Cannon

Circle of Orboros:
Wold Guardian
Woldwatcher
Reeve Hunter
Tharn Ravager Chieftain
Stone Keeper

Minions:
Thrullg
Totem Hunter
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Scenery:
Couple of barrel obstacles
Overturned pillar
Three pieces of craters
Pond

Other:
6x When Darkness Comes miniatures
6x Talisman miniatures

Now, last year I painted only two heavy warjacks/warbeasts and Wurmwood, that were on large base. This year I painted five.

Last year I painted only two medium based models too, but they were both warcasters: Lich Lords Venethrax & Asphyxious. This year I painted thirteen of them. Nice gain there.

2010 seemed to be the year of small based models, as I painted 25 of them. Now there will be some tough competition, let's see... Only fourteen of them this year. But as I had a nice surplus from medium based models, it seems that I painted quite a bit more Warmachine/Hordes models this year.

Other models, then.

Board-game sized playing pieces weren't written up in too much detail in 2010, so I guess that I painted around 20 Talisman & Touch of Evil miniatures.

This year I did only 12 of such pieces, but I'm quite sure that terrain pieces I did this year make up for at least 8 tiny miniatures.

I think I can say that I succeeded in my new years resolution.

I'll refrain myself from making a resolution for 2012, because looks like it will be quite a busy year. But I'd like to get to play Talisman & Touch of Evil a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment