Friday, August 6, 2010

5.8.2010 - Too small world

Yesterday I had my first game of Smallworld.

We had three players and played a couple of things wrong for a few turns.

But anyway, races and combos that began the game were Commando Priestesses, Alchemist Trolls and Bivouacking Orcs.

I began with Priestesses and carved a huge empire of I think six areas. Trolls were second and went almost as far from Priestesses as they could. I didn't leave much defense for Priestesses so Orcs that were last in turn order came and messed up my play so totally that I decided to go In Decline during second turn already. I got a nice ivory tower of four priestesses and chose a new race of Peace Loving Halflings.

Orcs and trolls both just schemed around during second turn, conquering new regions, but they were a bit far away from each other so no direct clash.

Third turn Enter Halflings. I tried to be crafty and conquer two regions that I thought Orcs would conquer next, creating my Holes in the Ground there. Then next region I conquered was a non-factor, but I threw all and every halfling there to defend so that the onslaught of orcs would then be directed to Trolls.

Well, Trolls packed up their camps and conquered other regions, keeping their own business...

Orcs started to be a bit overextended by then and halflings, despite being peace loving, conquered stuff for themselves because there were a few areas where only a single orc was defending.

Then Orcs went In Decline and the player chose Dragon Master Giants for her instrument of pain. That meant my Ivory Tower came crashing down when their dragon ate all my precious priestesses...

Around that time Trolls also went In Decline and Historian Amazons entered the board.

After they rampaged around I thought that Halflings really needed to go. I chose Hill Skeletons.

Game was ending quite soon and now people were fighting all over the place, meaning that Amazons and Giants both got quickly overextended. My skeletons tried to help in that, though I decided that my skeletons would need to eat one of my halflings to raise their number.

I managed to get two hill areas for my skeletons and proceeded to sit on them with huge amounts of troops to keep scoring for my special ability.

But Amazons went into decline and paved way for Mounted Ratmen. Giants went in decline too and from there emerged Berserk Tritons.

Skeletons dug up positions in hills and then came a last turn rush of 13 ratmen and quite a many tritons too.

Troll/Amazon/Ratmen scored 75, Orc/Giant/Tritons scored 80 and Priestess/Halfling/Skeleton 99.

I hope we're getting another play in within few weeks. It was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment