Monday, August 9, 2010

9.8.2010 - Even smaller world

I played my second game of Smallworld today at Fantasiapelit, Jyväskylä.

We had four players, and I remember really little because stuff was happening all the time.

But races that started the game were Wealthy Giants (me), Spirit Orcs, Peace-loving Ghouls (umm... what?) and Swamp Tritons.

Giants went into decline pretty soon and got exchanged with Mounted Ratmen. Last race I played was Dragon Master Gypsies.

I don't remember other player's races too well, but Stout Amazons were a nasty suprise, as well as Historian Sorcerers. Well, that Historian part wasn't that grand, but their racial special ability just wreaks havoc if you can't see it coming.

Berserk White Ladies entered the play too and had a horrible conquering streak, but other players thought their ability to be too powerful so kicked the ladies out of smallworld pretty badly.

In the end the player who started with Swamp Tritons and played with Sorcerers and Heroic Humans scored 95 points.

I came second with 85 points and Orcs were next with 81 points (Spirit Orcs, Stout Amazons, Hill Wizards if I remember correctly) Poor ghouls scored only 56 or so points because their scoring was mauled pretty badly at the point when they were exchanged to White Ladies. (Peace-loving Ghouls, Berserk White Ladies, Fortified Dwarves).

I'm getting the Cursed expansion soon and next month I'm thinking of buying Tales and Legends or whatever the name is. The latter I'm waiting eagerly to see how much it changes the base game. Though maybe I haven't really grasped yet in two games what this is all about. Anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment