Saturday, August 14, 2010

14.8.2010 - Warmachine at Friend's

Played a game of Warmachine today, against Khador. It was a 50 point game.

My list was:

Goreshade the Bastard
- Nightwretch
- Stalker
- Seether
- Harrower

10x Mechanithralls + 1 Brute Thrall
10x Satyxis Raiders + Sea Witch

Bane Lord Tartarus
Necrotech
Warwitch Siren
Satyxis Raider Captain
Gorman diWulfe
Orin Midwinter

Awfully lots of solos!

I was against Oleg Strakhov.

His army was something like:

Strakhov
-Behemoth
-Devastator

Full Pikemen + UA
Full Winterguard Riflecorps
Greylord Ternion
Great Bears of Gallowswood

Gorman diWulfe
Kovnik Josef
Manhunter

Here, I actually took a picture too:


In case you're wondering why it doesn't show more it's because I tried to make unpainted models from both sides to not show, hah. But you can see the towering Behemoth that was really nicely re-posed too. I looked at it before we started playing and was wondering why it looks almost like a different model than the ordinary Behemoth.

Anyway, my opponent won the starting roll.

I was feeling confident because I was playing Goreshade and could easily shut down Strakhov's horrible feat with Mageblight.

I was also thinking that Satyxis Raider's huge threat range would caught the opponent by suprise. But it happened so that only one who was caught by suprise was me: Strakhov cast Superiority on Behemoth and Behemoth advanced with two focus on it and launched to boosted hit bombardments at my Goreshade. Both hit. Goreshade was left with six health.

My next turn it was imperative that I would kill Behemoth. Tartarus was close enough Behemoth so he cursed it and charged in, Threshering one Rifle Corp in the way too and gave 13 points of damage in to Behemoth. Even better, Rifle Corps failed their command check (that came from Tartarus' Terror).

Next, Satyxis Raiders charged to Behemoth. Well, most of them did. Four Combined Melee Attacks later Behemoth was scrapped and Feedback had dealth 4 points to Strakhov. Here, lookie, another picture!

That's just a moment before Behemoth is changed to wreck marker.

Well, that was all good and well from my part, but I did stupid things next. I charged in with both my heavy warjacks. Seether killed three pikemen and Harrower killed nothing. It failed its charge.

I did, however, place my mechanithralls so that if opponent crushed everything big and juicy, my mechanithralls would come in. But most targets were DEF 13 and Mechanithralls have MAT 5, meaning I have to roll at least 8 with two dice to hit them.

Then started opponents turn. First his Gorman came in and threw Rust bomb on my Harrower (managed to hit, that bastard). Greylords dropped Seether's DEF to 9.

Then started some serious beating that resulted in me losing all of my heavy jacks and Stalker too.

We had loaned our playing board from local game shop (they were kind enough to let us - if we returned them during same day.) Our time was up so we decided that this was my last turn, if I didn't kill Strakhov it would be a Draw.

And I did my best!

Satyxis charged to Devastator and managed to get one point of Feedback to Strakhov. I did two combined melee attacks and another attack scored exactly 25 points. And this is an important bit, since had I run Bane Lord Tartarus next to Devastator I would have scored another point to Strakhov via Feedback. But this all is hindsight...

Then I ran my Nightwretch near Strakhov and shot him with a boosted Hexblast. I hit and boosted damage. 11 points in, Strakhov was at one health. I had focus enough for one Bleed.

I hit though I needed 8. If I rolled 7 (exact average with two dice) I would've won. I rolled 6.

So, order of operations is important guys and gals! Not moving Tartarus cost me a victory.

It was Draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment