Tuesday, July 27, 2010

25.7.2010 - Ropecon, Espoo

On Sunday I played a friendly game against Retribution of Scyrah, Garryth being the warcaster.

I was playing a following 35 point list:

epic Deneghra
- Nightmare
- Defiler
- Helldiver

10x Satyxis Raiders + Sea Witch
3x Soulhunters

Satyxis Captain
Ogrun Bokur
Orin Midwinter
Warwitch Siren


We were playing just for assassination.

My troops advanced only a tiny little bit. I went incorporeal with Denny and ran her right in front of Mage Hunter Strike Force. Nightmare came close by and Ogrun Bokur within 2" of both of them. I was planning a bit so that on the next turn I could catch whole Retribution army with my feat.

However, I didn't plan well enough. I got staggering losses on opponents turn. I had come a little too close with my Satyxis Raiders so that minifeating halberdiers cut something like 5 satyxis down, just enough not to cause a command check. Mage hunter strike force managed to damage Nightmare despite Ogrun Bokur shield guarding one shot.

After that one Mage Hunter Assassin charged in and gave 24 points of damage in to Nightmare. Wreck marker was put into good use.

Two of my soul hunters died too, one to fire from mage hunter strike force and another to a mage hunter assassin. Garryth came close by and tried to shoot one soulhunter but failed to kill it. Had he succeeded, mage hunter assassin could have charged my arc node.

All in all, if we convert my losses during that turn to points, it was something like 18 points.

Situation looked so bleak that I had no other choice than to attempt assassination next turn, I just wouldn't be able to win by attrition.

So, Deneghra cast Ghost Walk on her, advanced straight to the middle of my opponents army and used her feat, locking every model to their places for a round and giving them -3 defense.

Then she cast Curse of Shadows on halberdiers that were engaging satyxis.

However, that wasn't enough, because even if the curse allows me to move past affected models, I couldn't draw line of sight to Garryth with my satyxis.

Defiler sprayed three halberdiers away and warwitch siren another three.

Suddenly there was a lot more Line of Sight.

Captain gave Desperate Pace to satyxis raiders. Four of them managed to charge to Garryth, two of them to base to base contact. Two remaining charged Phoenix in order to cause a few extra damage points to Garryth because of their Feedback ability.

Both satyxis targeting phoenix damaged it, so that was two points in.

Then I made two combined melee attacks to Garryth. I had used Power Swell of course.

First combined melee attack did 12 points in. Garryth was camping two focus that added to his armor.

Next combined attack hit, and damage roll was something like 6, 6, 5, 5.

Enough to bring him down, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment