Sunday, July 11, 2010

11.07.2010 - Building a cathedral at Kuhmo

We played a three player game of Pillars of the Earth. And we're planning to play one tonight more, with four players.

I managed to grab the guy who gives additional point when I have a builder at the monastery on the first round of the game. So it was a high priority for me to get a builder there every round, and that scored me 2 or 3 points a turn.

That was nasty and probably the number one reason why I won the game. I didn't really have good artisans at my disposal.

So I guess when building up a cathedral, the major contribution comes from praying?

I'll update to this post the second game, if we get to play that.


Okies, four player game finished.

Apparently it seems that prayer isn't entirely enough when there are four people building a cathedral. I got the prior guy again and reaped tons of points with it - until people started to flock to monastery, leaving my builders weeping at the gates.

I got quite weak artesans again, but until round 6 I was either first on the leaderboard or second. But then on round 6 the player that was last scored amazing 18 points and got herself to second position - only three or four points short of victory!

But anyway, the game changed almost completely (okay, I'm exaggerating) when we brought the fourth player. Playing board was crowded and there was huge competition over certain areas. In three player games no-one would take the first player position, for example. But on four player game it was pretty critical status.

But now it'll probably be some time again until we play Pillars of the Earth again.

No comments:

Post a Comment