Monday, April 1, 2019

Opmot Falls. Already.

Nebor, Synys, Murmelius and Kalenius thought they got lucky with their Gorm hunt, when they found a dead gorm right there in the vicinity of Opmot. Corpse looked quite fresh.

They should not have come near it, because a mourning bull charged from the darkness. And this is their story...



Synys dies to mortal terror from Strobe. Nebor is tossed into Sinkhole. Kalenius dies to mortal terror from Strobe, and Infrasonic Roar cuts an important vein from inside Murmelius' skull.

And then... long story short:

Settlement event is Skull Eater. I have to nominate a survivor from settlement to become the Skull Eater. That's Hyblon.

There is now Murder event next year.

Four survivors then die to Butcher.

Hyblon eats his own skull.

And I'm left with a memory of shortest-ever settlement.

It didn't even go that badly in my opinion. Losing the best survivors all the time is a serious concern with Protect the Young, of course, but that's what's happened throughout Burkstad, too. And they're doing relatively fine.

I even had a population of 14. I guess destiny had marked Opmot to fall after fulfilling it's purpose with being a stOpmotion project.

In the showdown I noticed I made some mistakes. I forgot to turn Gorm around after Strobe, and I forgot about the +1 damage token on one occasion. That was incidentally first attack made against Synys, so perhaps her mortal fear was caused from the terrifying sensation of cheating fate.

Retch was a pain to shoot. I didn't want an oil coating from soft clay on my board, so I put the clay over paper. But that made removing the puke from the board difficult. So I just prayed the beast wouldn't retch any more. Fortunately it didn't. I either wounded or failed to wound on the hit locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment