Saturday, March 16, 2019

Reclaimed Bastard

Few days ago I played this 75 point game of Warmachine.

My list:

[Theme] Slaughter Fleet Raiders
Goreshade the Bastard [+27]
- Harrower [16]
- Leviathan [16]
- Nightwretch [7]
- Reaper [13]
- Seether [13]
- Stalker [8]
- Satyxis Blood Priestess [4]
Axiara Wraithblade [0(6)]
Black Ogrun Boarding Party (max) [11]
Black Ogrun Ironmongers [6]
Cephalyx Overlords [8]


Opponent had:

[Theme] Exemplar Interdiction
The High Reclaimer [+32]
- Judicator [34]
Exemplar Bastion Seneschal [0(5)]
High Exemplar Gravus [8]
Scrutator Potentate Severius [0(6)]
- Dervish [7]
Exemplar Errants (max) [16]
- Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard [0(4)]
Exemplar Errants (max) [16]
- Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard [4]
Knights Exemplar [9]
- Knights Exemplar Officer [4]
Knights Exemplar [9]

Scenario was Mirage.

I let opponent start the game, because I didn't want High Reclaimer hiding behind a building.

Early on Judicator nearly shoots Reaper into a smoldering wreck with sprays.

This had Judicator close enough for Seether to charge - as well as the feated unit of Bane Warriors. I just had to clear a few exemplars that were blocking the way. As an extra challenge I wanted to clear my round zone to start scoring points.

This plan succeeded.

Removing Judicator, on the other hand, succeeded too well. Seether was able to destroy it, so it promptly removed three bane warriors with berserk attacks as well. Oh well. At least it was a colossal warjack down in one round. Something I usually have a fair bit of difficulties.

Less surprisingly, exemplars then butchered all of my warjacks except for Leviathan and Nightwretch.

Overlord sprays and desperate attempts had been clearing enemy infantry. From the thirty five exemplars that began the game, I can count only thirteen from the picture. Though the structure might hide someone.

But there was no more game for me once I lost last Overlord, Leviathan, Axiara and a couple of Ironmongers. Opponent had also rocketed too far ahead on the scenario points. It was a loss.

Still, I think there might be something in this theme/caster pairing. Gang + Dark Shroud is an amazing combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment