Saturday, September 18, 2010

18.9.2010 - Hankasalmi - Warmachine at my place

I happened that we arranged rather ex tempore a warmachine game at my apartment today.

We played a 35 point game, my list was:

Epic Krueger
- Megalith
- Feral Warpwolf

Druids of Orboros
Bloodweavers

Lord of the Feast
Wilder
Blackclad Wayfarer

Opponent's list was:

Strakhov
- Behemoth

Minimum unit of Ironfang Pikemen + Unit Attachment
Greylord Ternion
Great Bears of Gallowswood
Widowmakers

Drakhun with dismount
War Dog
Gorman diWulfe

I had camera with me so I got to take plenty of pictures again.

I got to start the game. I guess I can drop the first picture from the end of round 1 here because it tells the situation much better.

So what had happened there was that I ran forward with almost everything. Lord of the Feast had stealth so I wasn't too worried about it. In case you're wondering what Bradigus Thorle does there, well, he's the Wilder in this game because I don't have the official model painted yet.

I had moved Blackclad Wayfarer a bit too forward and Widowmakers killed it.

Next turn I moved forward again with everything. Lord of the Feast moved towards Ironfang Pikemen and threw his raven at them. That resulted in five deaths, one of which were the officer. Megalith moved as close to pikemen as it could and killed one more with Gallows.

Situation was a bit difficult because of that impassable stone formation that was nearby. I couldn't drag Behemoth to me because of it and on top of that Behemoth had Superiority and one ice cloud on so it was sitting nicely at defense 14 against shooting. I decided to use my feat and do whatever else I could. I put on Storm Wall and shot Drakhun as much as I could. If I remember right I did six damage. As Ironfang Pikemen didn't seem to be much of a threat any longer I ran my Bloodweavers to other front.

Opponent backed off. Behemoth shot my Warpwolf that took unnecessarily much damage. Remaining pikemen killed Lord of the Feast and the end of round 2 looked like this:

During my third turn I was still far away from the opponent and couldn't strike decisively. At this point I realised that my Wilder served no purpose in this list - I hadn't taken enough warbeasts to make use of Wilder's abilities!

So I charged the remaining iron fang pikemen. Wilder actually hit and killed the standard bearer.

Megalith moved forward and tried to pull the Drakhun closer and managed to do exactly that - Drakhun was pulled five inches.


Then druids medicated Warpwolf (and on it's activation Warpwolf regenerated) and pulled Drakhun even closer. Some of them even did some damage.

Then Krueger himself shot Drakhun's mount to pieces, teleported two inches away and put up Storm Wall again.

Dismounted Drakhun was destroyed by Bloodweavers.

But then was Strakhov's time to use his feat. First he moved Behemoth up and was pondering if he should attack Megalith or epic Krueger. Now when I'm writing this I don't remember if we measured if Behemoth was actually in range because of Storm Wall.

Anyway, he decided to bring the hurt to Krueger who had no fury left for transfers.

He needed thirteen on three dice to hit Krueger. And, he did.

Luckily boosted damage roll was sub-par and gave only seven points of damage.

Second attack missed.

Thinking now, it might have been better to shoot Megalith instead, but there was a possibility for Krueger to bite the dust. Didn't work out, though.

Then came in Strakhov and feated. Then Great Bears of Gallowswood were flinged from the other side of the board to my Megalith.

Spirit broke down and mind was left with one damage point even if the damage rolls weren't impressive. Round 3 picture is here and if you're wondering about that cloud template over one of the greylords, there's Gorman diWulfe hiding beneath.

The last iron fang pikeman killed my wilder, by the way.

My fourth turn started with Megalith getting rid of Great Bears of Gallowswood. Luckily they didn't make too many tough rolls!

After that my bloodweavers charged Behemoth and one greylord member. One bloodweaver ran to engage Widowmakers.

The point was to dispel Behemoth's Superiority and they succeeded.

Then the path was clear for Warpwolf to do what Warpwolf does best. It walked next to Behemoth and started beating. Damage rolls were pretty amazing. Behemoth lost everything except one hand.

So opponent had lost his hardest hitter and it was looking pretty distressing for him. However, Behemoth had only defense 11 against shooting and my Warpwolf had warped strenght for it so it was pretty vulnerable to Gorman walking in and throwing Black Oil on Behemoth. Naturally both of my Bloodweavers and Warpwolf were affected too.

Remaining greylords sprayed Warpwolf and did some damage. Strakhov walked in then and sealed the deal and killed Warpwolf with two focus used. Picture from end of round 4:

Strakhov had armor 20 and defense 17 in melee because of War Dog.

I did, however, have one fully functional warbeast within walking distance to Strakhov, one that has awesome penalties reserved for defense value.

Also, in case you didn't notice here's a little detail of one brave fella that tried it's best no matter the odds...

Then my fifth turn started.

And you might say that I... MAYBE I overreacted a bit to that lone pikeman. Anyway, I got nothing better to do with my druids and I had received seven damage from Behemoth's bombardments and had to cut for three more. Also Megalith was damaged already so I couldn't risk a free strike. Anyway, the situation:



Remaining Bloodweavers killed Strakhov's War Dog. Add an insult to injury?

So, after I had dealt with that pikeman threat of sorts I moved Krueger as far as I could. Then I used Telekinesis to bring him even a little bit forward. After that I used Megalith's animus to lower Strakhov's defense and shot him a few times with Krueger's spear.

Then Megalith moved up and smacked Strakhov down. End of story. The last moments were made immortal with camera:

No comments:

Post a Comment