Tuesday, September 14, 2010

14.9.2010 Fantasiapelit Jyväskylä - Warmachine

Today was that promised Tuesday when I played Warmachine with real models.

I took pictures more than ever to illustrate better what happened.

It was a 25 point game against Protectorate of Menoth. I was playing Cryx.

My list was:

Venethrax
- Defiler
- Seether
- Cankerworm

Full unit of Satyxis Raiders + Sea Witch
Warwitch Siren

Opponent was playing:

Kreoss
- Dervish
- Crusader
- Revenger
- Repenter

Minimum unit of Exemplar Errants
Vassal of Menoth
Paladin of the Order of Wall
Wracks

Opponent won starting roll and chose table edges. We both had quite a bit Advance Deployment this time. I need not write that much now, let the picture speak for itself!

Second turn started by Errants shooting at Satyxis. There were few good rolls so two Satyxis actually died which was more than I was thinking, heh. Kreoss had put on Lamentation and Defenders Ward on Exemplar Errants.

On my turn Siren first moved and gave a focus point to Defiler. Defiler then ran to position to kill a Paladin that was moved to position my plans didn't like. Or, for Venethrax to kill the paladin, actually.

Venethrax sent Hellfire through Defiler's arc node to paladin and got it killed. Then he put on his feat.

Satyxis charged different targets, mostly Exemplar Errants but also the light warjacks that were on the other side of the board. End of turn 2 looked like this:

Then Dervish charged my Cankerworm. Opponent took risks and decided to roll attacks separately and didn't boost even charge attack. And the risk paid off. Cortex went down which was pretty impressive as it's the most difficult system to break from Cankerworm.

Opponent's other army was clogged down by my Satyxis, though two of them got killed. But that price could be paid.

On my turn I tried to attack Dervish with Cankerworm. I managed to hit with Armor Piercing attack and did some decent damage but that was everything I could do with it.

Then I tried to walk Seether into melee with Vassal and one Exemplar Errant. Six and half inches weren't just enough so I got only one errant dead. I knew Seether would get pretty mauled but I couldn't get any real threats under it and I was all the time fearing Kreoss' feat.

Next I charged Venethrax to Dervish.

To be honest I expected a damaged light warjack to be wrecked by a warcaster with six focus to spend.

However, there were two rolls that went something along lines: to hit: 6, 6. To damage: 1, 1.

Not all the while, though. Venethrax managed to miss attacks too even with his melee attack score of 8. So in the end, Dervish survived, but luckily without cortex and only one functioning weapon. Venethrax didn't have any focus.

Satyxis did what they could which wasn't much. They had lost their momentum once they were in melee too and without their Power Swell.

End of round 3:

After that Crusader beat Seether to the ground and Satyxis continued to get themselves killed.

Satyxis continued to plink Revenger for little damage. At this time Kreoss had taken five points of damage through Feedback. I don't remember who killed Dervish, was it Venethrax or Cankerworm, but anyway I decided to stay where I were with Venethrax.

I moved Warwitch Siren to hill and tried to get a spray off on Kreoss but he didn't quite get under and I managed to kill only one errant.

End of round 4:

Then it was time for Kreoss to use his feat. It resulted in absolute annihilation of my remaining forces. Only arc node and Venethrax were standing after.

However, those two models were the key models needed for victory. And here's one last picture to illustrate a funny situation:

Indeed, Kreoss was positioned rather... badly.

On my turn I stood up with my Defiler and moved it to position.

Venethrax stood up too and walked away from Kreoss' Lamentation. I shot one Hellfire at Kreoss (who had ten damage boxes remaining) and boosted the attack roll.

Another Hellfire was shot but I placed it on defense 5, armor 10 Wrack that was behind Kreoss. It was easier hit without boost and gave the same damage as Hellfire would have. Of course it could have been foiled by bad rolls but no, Wrack exploded and took Kreoss with it.

Irony?

No comments:

Post a Comment