Monday, June 29, 2020

I can't Bear it

Played a 75 point game of Warmachine.

My list was:

Scourge of the Broken Coast
Deneghra, the Soul Weaver [+27]
- Corruptor [14]
- Deathripper [6]
- Nightmare [18]
- Nightwretch [7]
- Reaper [13]
- Satyxis Blood Priestess [0(4)]
Axiara Wraithblade [0(6)]
General Gerlak Slaughterborn [0(6)]
Misery Cage [2]
Satyxis Raider Captain [4]
Swamp Gobber River Raider [1]
Black Ogrun Boarding Party (max) [11]
Black Ogrun Ironmongers [6]
Satyxis Raiders (max) [16]
- Satyxis Raider Sea Witch [4]

Opponent had:

Storm of the North
Jarl Skuld, Devil of the Thornwood [+30]
- Dire Troll Bomber [17]
- Dire Troll Mauler [15]
- Trollkin Runebearer [0(5)]
Dhunian Archon [0(6)]
Fell Caller Hero [5]
Valka Curseborn, Chieftain of the North [0(6)]
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (min) [6]
- Northkin Elder [3]
Northkin Bear Handlers & Battle Bears [10]
Northkin Bear Handlers & Battle Bears [10]
Northkin Fire Eaters [7]
Northkin Raiders (max) [15]
Trollkin Champions (max) [16]

About half of the enemy list was either ambushing or advance deploying, at least model-wise. At least Cryx started game, so I could actually get out of killbox.

With Quicken on Northkin Raiders, I did a critical mistake of using Pathfinder on Satyxis Raiders instead of blast immunity. But as luck would have it, I didn't have to pay for the consequences for the error of my ways. One or two Satyxis died to the shooting instead of rather plausible 40-50% of the whole unit.

I pushed aggressively with Nightmare into the middle field, and protected it with Satyxis Raiders.

Once most of the Northkin Raiders were gone, I had to remove the oppressive archon from the game somehow - with it I'd never get Champions or bears or whatever off the board.

Ghost Walk on Satyxis Raiders gave them the mobility they needed to reach the roadblock. Jarl had used his feat, so even with gang bonuses the Satyxis had about 50% chances to hit. With Power Swell and two charging and non-charging Satyxis raiders managed to destroy the divine manifestation, and looked like I had options for the game.

Except that I was losing horribly on the right side of the board. Two ambushing units of bears completely dominated the side, and I was perplexed by their power level. Now it's alleviated a little by the fact that I can at least see their point cost, which is at least something for a three model unit.

Nightmare was suicidal and entered the middle of the board, albeit with Grave Wind on.

Opponent focused on securing the scenario zones and tightening the noose around my neck with a plethora of armed bears that were suddenly in my flank and threatening my warcaster.

However, I did notice Jarl Skuld was within charge range of Nightmare. However, there was a blob of trollkin around him.

But it was clearly Deneghra's feat turn. Scourge knocked down Jarl's bodyguard, and then Mortalities started flying all around, as well as ghost walks and focus points.

Last remaining Northkin Raider was a little problematic, but aiming Reaper aided by Curse was able to snipe it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment