Sunday, March 1, 2020

vs 2x Beefed Up Grim Angus

Yesterday I played these two 75 point games of Warmachine. Opponent wanted to test a particular list, so he had the same list in both games while I switched mine in between. It's been way, way too long since I played Warmachine with themes. But now I'm getting ahead of things.

Game 1:

Scourge of the Broken Coast
Captain Aiakos [+29]
- Harrower [16]
- Helldiver [6]
- Reaper [13]
- Slayer [10]
- Stalker [8]
- Satyxis Blood Priestess [0(4)]
Axiara Wraithblade [0(6)]
General Gerlak Slaughterborn [0(6)]
Misery Cage [2]
Satyxis Raider Captain [4]
2x Warwitch Siren [4]
Black Ogrun Boarding Party (max) [11]
Black Ogrun Ironmongers [6]
Satyxis Raiders (max) [16]
- Satyxis Raider Sea Witch [4]


Opponent had (something like):

Kriel Company
Grim Angus [+29]
- Sea King [36]
- Trollkin Runebearer [0(5)]
Boomhowler, Solo Artist [0(6)]
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (max) [9]
- Stone Scribe Elder [0(3)]
Pyg Burrowers (min) [7]
Hearthgut Hooch Hauler [18]
2x War Wagon [16]

War Wagon butchered up over half of my Satyxis Raiders, who had the ranged defense option on. As a reply, they expend Power Swell and charge the wagon.

Then Slayer charges in, deals damage. Eventually even Stalker charges in, deals some damage. Now...

Now. Had I remembered about, let's say, GANG FIGHTER, the Wagon would now have been dead, and Reaper could have gone elsewhere. Now I wanted to have at least some dead huge based models, and Reaper charged in to finish the War Wagon on the right. Now I had three warjacks within easy sweep range of Sea King. Facepalm.

Harrower took a thresher against both War Wagon on left and the Hooch Hauler, and the Hooch Hauler destroyed its melee weapon with Return Fire.

The dices in this game were absurd. Of course I can't defend from bad play by blaming dice, but they did not help at all. My good rolls were the average rolls. Opponent, on the other hand, missed perhaps five attacks throughout the game.

But yeah. Maybe I'll pay some attention to my special rules next time. Just...

Maybe.


Game 2:

In second game I had:

Black Industries
Lord Exhumator Scaverous [+27]
- Deathripper [6]
- Erebus [16]
- Nightmare [18]
- Nightwretch [7]
- The Withershadow Combine [9]
Darragh Wrathe [9]
Machine Wraith [2]
3x Pistol Wraith [0(5)]
Soul Trapper [1]
Warwitch Siren [4]
Black Ogrun Ironmongers [6]
Mechanithralls (min) [6]
- Brute Thrall (3) [0(6)]
Soulhunters (max) [18]

And here I forgot Carapace right off the bat. Maybe I need some sort of clearly visible reminders about the special rules? Would that help?

In this game I consider my downfall to be when I thought you can't stay on top of covering fire template. This resulted in me trying to do a little bit of damage here and there, not actually breaking anything. All three battle engines were damaged, but even with Feast of Worms and charging Nightmare who had Hooch Hauler as its prey could not break it with okay-ish rolls.

Mechanithralls charged War Wagon on left, and Erebus charged War Wagon on right.

Miraculously Erebus survived for a little longer than I expected - and would have survived a LOT longer if I had remembered Carapace. Luckily, Carapace wouldn't have done diddly squat on Nightmare, who got trashed by Sea King who did its best to fail at the job.

War Wagon on the right failed to remove almost any of the Soulhunters from board - which in turn allowed me to destroy both Hooch Hauler and the War Wagon on left. If I would've remembered Carapace, Erebus would've been tying up the War Wagon on right.

Scaverous took six souls from Pyg Burrowers who had risen up to shoot the objective down.

But then, Sea King destroyed every remaining Soulhunter and my Pistol Wraith who had been trying to get some points from flag on the left.

Opponent uses most of his non-Sea King resources to remove all who blocked the lane for War Wagon to come and contest my zone.

Then Scaverous with thirteen focus removes that Wagon from the board.

Grim knocks down Scaverous and Baits the Line on him, which allows for Sea King to charge Scaverous. End of game(s).


No comments:

Post a Comment