Wednesday, March 4, 2020

The Slenderking

I received this resin version of The King model for Kingdom Death as a Christmas gift from my dearest, and it sure took a while to actually start painting it. Looking at the painted listing for 2019 and 2018, the speed I've painted this year has been astonishing. That is partly because of the wonderful Citadel contrast paints - they're quick and decent enough to get less important models out of the paint desk.

So, finally The King is ready - and soon enough ready to make its first appearance on Kingdom Death as a proxy for Slenderman. I sold the original model because I don't quite enjoy such internet creatures polluting otherwise original world of Kingdom Death.

No contrast colors were used in other than gold trimmings of the robe, and that's because the contrast yellow is magnificent beyond words. No yellow I have encountered before actually looks yellow after just one layer, or ten layers. By using contrast in this particular field I could avoid the yellows looking blotchy at all, which often happens when I paint traditionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment