Monday, December 31, 2018

Dungeon Lords Hard Mode

It's been about three and a half years since Dungeon Lords was played.

Even more with this particular group of three.

So there were... some... misplays. Others more grave than others.

Like, taxes and monster pay being played during every season.

I think we were on the summer or autumn of first year before we realized this mistake, because it was quite unplayable. So let's call it a half game being played.

Next we played base game without fifth season to re-familiarize ourselves. And we got most things right that time.

Another day we played the game with Festival Season.

This was eventful game, as the special event "Hello ladies, I'm back!" gave the aspiring dungeon lords two paladins, with only one having crossed the paladin space on evil-o-meter.

I thought I had managed my dungeon well. And I had. Only one or two dungeon spaces had been conquered during both years, and other players had plenty.

Still I had failed to take into account the power of Titles. I was worried during point scoring phase, as I had lost most of my exclusive titles I had been so certain to have. Another player with the "extra points for titles" room made it a tough game. Point difference was about three in my favor, so it was a matter of only one title.

Bards were cursed on many an occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment