Saturday, January 27, 2018

Old Witch Deneghra (what?)

Alright, now it's been two weeks since I played these two 25 point games of Warmachine. It was against a returning Warmachine player I had never met before. And coincidentally, he also had Trollbloods as his faction. And Gunnbjorn was one of his warlocks.

I had same list in both games, and it was:

Wraith Witch Deneghra
- Harrower
- Helldiver
- Nightwretch
Bloat Thrall
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Soul Trapper
Warwitch Siren
Black Ogrun Boarding Party (max)

And it's the old Wraith Witch. Errata came after these games were played.

First game opponent had:


Hoarluk Doomshaper, Dire Prophet
- Dire Troll Mauler
- Mulg the Ancient
- Winter Troll
- Trollkin Runebearer
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (min)

We had Mosh Pit scenario from prime rulebook, as some of those are better fitting for low point games such as these.

Implacability and general large-baseness made some trouble for both my Hellmouthing and shooting from Black Ogruns. I wasted my feat, and a total of 10 focus points over two turns were wasted on Hellmouths that killed one stone bearer, I think.

Somehow a decisive moves didn't happen. I had my chances at assassinations when Gorman was lucky at lobbing the Black Oil over Hoarluk. But when my troops had been reduced to Bloat Thrall, Gorman and Deneghra, I decided to just charge it and see how it goes.

Turns out Mulg and Mauler were able to kill the focusless cryx caster.


Game 2:

Here opponent had:

Captain Gunnbjorn
- Dire Troll Bomber
- Dozer & Smigg
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (min)
- Stone Scribe Elder
Northkin Fire Eaters

Here I couldn't do anything to the dire trolls (again) but with a little better positioning Deneghra was eventually able to charge Gunnbjorn while incorporeal, resulting in a dead trollblood warlock.

These write-ups were quite a bit shorter than usually, but two weeks tend to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment