Thursday, February 1, 2018

My life is Ruined

A week or so ago I played this 75 point game of Warmachine.

I don't think I ever played against Butcher3 even during Mk2. But I had heard enough horrifying stories. Which only escalated when I saw the opposing list.

Lord Exhumator Scaverous [+27]
- Corruptor [14]
- Deathripper [6]
- Inflictor [13]
- Nightwretch [7]
- The Withershadow Combine [9]
Aiakos, Scourge of the Meredius [4]
- Reaper [13]
Necrotech [2]
Satyxis Raider Captain [4]
Saxon Orrik [4]
2x Soul Trapper [1]
Warwitch Siren [4]
Bile Thralls (min) [9]
Black Ogrun Boarding Party (max) [11]


Opponent had:

[Theme] Winter Guard Kommand
Kommander Zoktavir, The Butcher Unleashed [+22]
- 2x Juggernaut [12]
- 2x Kodiak [13]
- Ruin [17]
- War Dog [3]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]
Winter Guard Mortar Crew [0(5)]
Winter Guard Mortar Crew [5]
Winter Guard Gun Carriage [17]

Scenario was Outlast.

All these arm 20 warjacks. Maybe I'd be able to snatch a few of them with Reaper and telekinesis and I don't know, something. At least opponent had no mechanics, so every system I'd break would be gone forever.

Once Butcher arrived around mid-field, I tried to assassinate him. He was sitting behind a few Kodiak clouds and assorted warjacks and a forest.

So I attempted to drag him through forest.

I left Scaverous without focus and tossed Telekinesis and whatnot all over the place. Feast of Worms was cast on a Bile Thrall that I had positioned for this purpose. Scaverous cast Icy Grip on Butcher and then turned him around for Reaper.

Alright, so let's scalpel the army commander away.

Reaper advances and shoots harpoon. I realized too late that I had forgot to cast Puppet Master on Reaper. Oh well. Need to boost the attack roll then. It's a hit, and damage has to be boosted also to secure at least one point of damage.

Guards! Guards! There is a security breach!

Triple 1's were mocking me there for my forgetfulness.

Well. Then I had most of my army in a broad semi-circle with Butcher3 on the middle. I aimlessly tried to cause some damage here and there to the warjacks, but I needed to hope for a miracle, which actually might not help, even if I would have succeeded in destroying a jack or two, or crippling a few.

Gun Carriage slammed Inflictor over Scaverous with high damage rolls. Maybe a mortar gave a shot too, I don't remember. But Energizer gave Ruin both a charge lane and reach to get to knocked down, focusless Scaverous.

Butcher didn't even have to use feat. Scaverous was dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment