Saturday, August 26, 2017

Twenty Years and Dust

I hunted a level 1 Sunstalker next. It was a relatively short, but quite interesting fight. Nobody died, though Kara Black took a couple of severe injuries from the heat. Evasion + shield dodger survivor started tanking Sunstalker when it had zero cards in it's AI deck, giving other survivors plenty of time to mine the salt. When survivors came back, event was Weird Dream, and Armored Strangers tossed a huge carcass at the settlement, giving six basic resources.

All in all I received crazy amount of resources. Enough to build Sunspot Darts, Cycloid Scale Jacket, Sun Lure & Hook and Sky Harpoon. And an extra Bone Dagger and Bird Bread.

Settlement innovates Scrap Smelting. Even with symposium my choices were terrible.

A survivor uses Shared Experience, which triggers Age for her. She gets Burning Focus fighting art. She learns Heroic right away. Kara tries to pull up the guidepost, but fails.

Next I'm going to take my chances against level 2 Butcher. Stupid perhaps, but I have a certain trust in my +4 defense blocker. Even his most accurate attacks will hit only on 7+. I have a fairly reliable way of making Butcher lose 1 point of toughness. I got automatic hits. I just don't have Kara Black, because she broke her spleen in fight against Sunstalker. It takes a while for her to learn to live a spleenless life. Not that much ideal either, being the marrow-hungering abyssal sadist.

Fight with Butcher was a table flip rage quit inducing act of cruelty.

Until now, the fights have been exciting. Nemesis encounters have been really tough fights that in the end I somehow managed to pull through.

This fight looked like it could be like those. And I believe I could have won if Butcher would have kept his aim at my blocker. But no, I was constantly drawing Lantern Frenzy. One by one Butcher killed everyone with Lantern Frenzy, never picking my blocker as the target. On top of that I drew Overpower twice.

Perhaps I could have won even with Lantern Frenzy doing it's thing, but every damn Severe Injury roll was 1-2, though once I rolled 3. It was head location, though.

When the last survivor perished, Butcher had two cards left in it's AI deck. Annoying and depressing. Let's take a look at my lost resources:

Resources:
1x Broken Lantern.
Monster Organ
2x Large Flat Tooth
Beast Steak
Bladder
1x Pustules
2x Muculent Droppings
1x Love Juice
Black Lens
Fertility Tentacle
Cycloid Scales
Small Sunteeth
Tail Feathers
Wishbone
Fresh Acanthus


Settlement Event was Rivalry, but since there were no returning survivors, I had to draw a new one. Second one was Open Maw, which was left open as I had no endeavors.

At least I cannibalized 2x Broken Lanterns, a Monster Hide and Love Juice. Love Juice was used instantly, but settlement received only one baby.

Oh my. What to do.

To complete my Screaming Armor set, I hunt level 3 Screaming Antelope.

First hunt space was Migration, so without 1.4 rules I would have been smiling the coldest smile I have ever smiled. At least the beast stays on the hunt board now, even if I have to suffer starvation.

Next event is Object of Desire. I have realized I played the lonely tree incorrectly in this campaign because of the typographical errors. Maybe I'll do a little better this time.

Kara Black is nominated and she rolls 6.

Next hunt event is Carpet of Ticks, which is one additional face palm moment. Only Kara has any hunt experience. Luckily only one survivor has their survival reduced to 0.

Next space is 83, Flesh Monolith. One survivor needed to spend 1 survival to not get dead.

Then we get 42, Surgeon. No-one has to go in, so no one does.

Then Overwhelming Darkness happens. As I got Song of the Brave, everyone chooses the path of the brave. Except for Kara, who takes Path of the Insane. She rolls 5 and deals a little damage to other survivors, while one survivor gets +1 strength, -1 evasion and two remaining survivors take -1 accuracy each.

Then Antelope hunt event is Skittish. Rolled event is 41, Nightmare, and Kara doesn't care.

Then I have placed Sky Fishing special event, and I get a Bugfish. Yay. A bugfish.

Beneath the special event is 30, Rotten Faces, and I'm lucky enough to lose two footwear worth of stuff, and gaining nothing in return.

Last Antelope hunt event is Stampede, which causes 2 brain damage for everyone.

Now we get 65, Statue. Again. But it's been long since I had any 9+ Understanding survivors, so no-one notices that it was a familiar face there, on the statue...

Last space before showdown. Forty-five, Jagged Valley. Everyone else spends a Survival other than the survivor who has none.

And finally we're at the fight. Starvation completely empties settlement resource storage.

Random terrains are Toppled Pillar and Debris.

Fight was a long and excruciating one. And one that resulted in a loss.

Once again first severe injury roll killed one of the survivors I had kitted to deal damage. Bird bread using tanker did a fine job, allowing Kara to slowly grind Screaming Antelope down to five cards remaining in it's deck.

I got only one survivor remaining in settlement any more, and I decided to awaken the Watcher and die horribly, alone and forgotten.

Two full wipes in a row were too much to handle.

Second settlement ended on lantern year 20.

I will have permission to start settlement three when I got The Hand painted and all but the wings finished on the Phoenix.

Resources:


Storage:
1x Cloth
1x Bone Darts
2x Rawhide Headband, Vest, Boots, Gloves, Pants
Rawhide Gloves, 2x Boots
Cat Eye Circlet
King Spear
Whisker Harp
2x Monster Grease
Catgut Bow
Claw Head Arrow
Bone Axe
Bone Blade
2x Bone Dagger
Bandages
Monster Tooth Necklace
Lion Headdress
Scrap Dagger
Scrap Sword
Screaming Coat + Leg Warmers, Skirt, Bracers
2x Blood Paint
Counterweighted Axe
Lucky Charm
White Lion Helmet + Boots
Leather Mask, Leather Cuirass, Bracers, Boots + Skirt
Rawhide Drum
Leather Shield
Brain Mint
Skullcap Hammer
Blue Lantern
Dormant Twilight Cloak
First Aid Kit
Scavenger Kit
Giant Stone Face
Phoenix Helm
Sunspot Darts
Cycloid Scale Jacket
Sun Lure & Hook
Sky Harpoon
Bird Bread


Sculptures: Tough, Heroic

Population: 0

Innovations & Principles:
Language, Ammonia, Bloodletting, Paint, Lantern Oven, Sculpture, Pottery, Partnership, Drums, Guidepost, Cooking, Inner Lantern, Song of the Brave, Scrap Smelting
Spear mastery!
Cannibalize & Protect the Young & Barbaric

Locations:
Lantern Hoard
Organ Grinder
Skinnery
Bone Smith
Stone Circle
Weapon Crafter
Leather Worker
Barber Surgeon
Plumery
Skyreef Sanctuary

No comments:

Post a Comment