Monday, January 21, 2013

What's that rattle?

Last weekend I had a few games of Razzle.

It's a casual game with time limits and reaction speeds and everything. Everything I hate, right?

Well, not really.

After all, words have a special little place in my heart, and I guess it's nice even if you have to form them under duress.

We played with only two players, though I guess the game doesn't have a limit how many can play it.

We played three rounds, and I won one round, and the residing champion beat me up twice.

Even during those three shortish rounds, I noticed a certain trend in my word-forming practices. I always aimed at long words, even when it wouldn't give any special bonus points-wise.

Same trend is, I guess, apparent in other games I play, too. I usually try to construct something unsuitably large and find perverse pleasure in keeping it all together. And I can usually get carried off from some "main purpose" of the game and try to pursue victory with some personal rules.

Anyway. That was my first encounter with Razzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment