Monday, July 30, 2012

Tournamenting

Last weekend I was visiting the Ropecon gaming convention that had quite a few Warmachine tournaments. I took part in two of them, a 50-point character restricted main tournament with 3 lists, and 25 point modified Mangled Metal (5 minute turns, and 2 points could be spend on any models, be it solos or even units)

I'm not starting the game write-ups just yet, but I'm writing down my lists here for ease of reference during writing.

So, in main tournament I had the following 50-point lists using Cryx:

List 1: The Swift Scissors

Warwitch Deneghra (+5)
- Erebus
- Ripjaw
- Nightwretch
- Nightwretch
- Helldiver
- Helldiver

Min Bane Thralls
Min Bile Thralls
Min Soulhunters
Bloat Thrall
Skarlock
2x Necrotech & Scrap Thrall
2x Pistol Wraith

Reinforcements:
Minimum Satyxis Raiders + Sea Witch
Satyxis Raider Captain
Machine Wraith


List 2: A Fistful of Rock

Master Necrotech Mortenebra & Deryliss (+4)
- Harrower
- Slayer
- Nightmare
- Ripjaw
- Stalker

Min Bile Thralls
Max Mechanithralls + 1x Brute Thrall
Necrotech & Scrap Thrall
Machine Wraith
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor
2x Warwitch Siren

List 3: The Paper Tiger

Lord Exhumator Scaverous (+5)
- Malice
- Seether
- 2x Nightwretch
- Ripjaw

Max Bane Thralls + Unit Attachment
Withershadow Combine
Bane Lord Tartarus
Gorman diWulfe
Skarlock

I chose my warcasters pretty much from the play count from my spreadsheets and the time it has been since I played with these casters. I wrote reinforcements only to Deneghra's list here, because she was the only caster I played a reinforcement scenario with.

And then the 25 point Mangled Metal with 2 freebie points tournament was one-list only. My choice was a bit weird one:

Venethrax (+6)
- Reaper
- Slayer
- Cankerworm
- Ripjaw
- Stalker
- Helldiver

+Machine Wraith

He didn't actually fare all that badly, really... But enough for now.

More to come during this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment