Saturday, September 26, 2020

Stats!

 Some time ago my game count for Warmachine 3rd edition for the Cryx faction numbered a nice, round one hundred.

So let's break that down in numbers. Basics: 49 victories and 51 losses, so pretty even win rate on the surface.

Factions

Against other Warmachine factions that's 33 wins and 24 losses, which makes Hordes my tougher match-up with 16 wins and 26 losses.

Especially Skorne seems to kick my butt more often than not with only 4 wins and 7 losses.

Trollbloods are #1 faction I've played against with 16 games. 

Second place is for Protectorate with 15 games, and Cryx for the third place with 14 games.

Game size

10 pts: 11 games, 8 wins 3 losses.
25 pts: 4 games, 3 wins 1 loss
50 pts: 20 games, 13 wins, 7 losses
75 pts:  65 games, 25 wins, 40 losses

I suppose the distribution is not that surprising, considering 75 points is the standard tournament size, and competition is at it's toughest there. Also, 75 points tends to mean practicing tournament lists, too.

Warcasters

Deneghra3 is my most often used warcaster with 20 games. Nine victories, eleven losses. 
Next is Scaverous with 19 games, 11 victories and 8 losses.
Goreshade1 has 13 games, Asphyxious3 has 12 games and Mortenebra1 has 11 games. 
Then there is a drop in the games with remaining warcasters. Aiakos2 has only seven games, Asphyxious2 and Venethrax have five, Deneghra2 has four and the rest are one or two games each.

Models

These numbers are the most useless ones when removed from their context, so they're my favorite!

Light warjacks offer no surprises. Deathrippers have been present in 39 games, which includes six games where I had two of them. Nightwretch comes in second with 27 games.

Stalkers have been used in 23 games, where 9 has seen two of them. Both Defilers and Ripjaws sit at 16 games, and to no-one's surprise least used bonejack is the Helldiver. But still it's been present in 11 games, and on two occasions I've used all three of them. And twice there have been two on board.

Heavy warjacks, on the other hand, give a shocking anomaly right from the start. Most used helljack is the Corruptor with 36 games. There was a time when I always had it with Deneghra3 for surprise channeling. I don't remember I ever actually used the channeling ability, though...

Reaper was included in 29 lists, and Slayer in 21 where it was a double choice in five games. Relatively interesting to note that all the three "prime" helljacks are also the most often picked for me.

Leviathan sports in with 21 games and is closely followed by Erebus with 20. 

Seether and Inflictor both have been used 19 times.

Nightmare 17, Malice and Harrower 15. 

Least used heavy warjack is the Desecrator with 14 games. Which isn't that bad, but I have this tendency to try and use all of my models at least once in a while. 

With colossal warjacks, by far the least used model is the Kraken with 16 games. That's my only colossal, though. Har har.

Units betray my most used theme, I suppose. In a whopping 37 games Mechanithralls were included, and on 36 times of those they were accompanied by Brute Thralls. Favorite Brute counts was 2, with 26 occasions.

Then we have 31 games with Bile Thralls. Skarlock Overseer was included only 13 times.

Necrosurgeon accompanied thralls in 27 games, and Soulhunters have made an appearance 23 times. 

Withershadow Combine has been in 28 lists, so it's the 3rd most used unit I have.

Although a relatively new investment for me, Black Ogrun Ironmongers have been in my lists 18 times. But they work in multiple themes and offer great support for warjacks, which I have a tendency to use far more than in your average Cryx list.

Scourge of the Broken Coast dominates next, with 17 uses of Satyxis Raiders (who were led by Sea Witch a total of sixteen times), and even Black Ogrun Boarding Party has been involved in action 14 times. 

Dark Host is very much underrepresented in my choice of themes mostly because I own only a single unit of Bane Warriors and that's it. Hard to make a functioning list with that only. But nonetheless, they've been around for 16 times, and have had the command attachment 13 times.

Least used unit is Cephalyx Overseers with only 9 games.

Solos have also a statistical anomaly in the form of Soul Trapper, who has been in over half of my games. Sure, they're a one point filler, but 22 times I've had two of them. I guess I really like my soul trappers.

Next in line is the Warwitch Siren, who has been present in exactly half of the games. Ten times I've used them both.

Necrotechs were in 48 lists, with three times two of them huddling around. When you combine these numbers with Iron Mongers, it's exactly 2/3 of my games where I've had warjack repairers. That's a trend, I'd say. Of course I don't know how much other people bring these options, but 66% seems... a lot.

Pistol Wraiths have been in 44 games, where 18 times they've been at full allowance. It's obvious where these numbers come from. Theme bonus from Black Industries and it's predecessor.

Machine Wraiths were in 23 games, and why not. They're cheap and useful models. I only have one of them, though.

Darragh Wrathe has ridden in 19 battles.

Blood Priestess, Satyxis Captain and Scrap Thralls have all been used in 13 games. Blood Priestess is one of the more recent purchases, and I expect to see the relative percentile go up when (if ever) I get to do a 200 game update on these numbers.

Axiara Wraithblade goes for the same, as she has only 12 games as of yet.

Bloat Thrall and Bane Lord Tartarus are also less often picked choices with 11 games both. Tartarus goes without saying, as I don't have the models for a proper Dark Host list.

Aiakos1 has 8 games, and I'd wager a guess most of them with Scaverous.

Skarlock has surprisingly few uses with only 7 uses. Theme lists and expanded support options have all but removed the former mainstay of Cryx. 

Misery Cage has been in 6 games, while Gerlak Slaughterborn in 5. But they're my newest models, so there's that.

And last... and least... who could have guessed that Iron Lich Overseer has been in 4 games? Though maybe this is somewhat surprising. I mean, it's not one or zero...

Wraith Engine has been on board 6 times, but I still haven't finished painting it, which explains this a little.

Mercenaries are few and far between because of the theme restrictions. Swamp Gobber River Raiders have the first place with 14 games. Before they were updated to cost only one point each, I had already used the package of three seven times.

Then we have Ragman, which surprises me a little. I don't remember him having been in my lists for a long, long time... and yet he has been picked 12 times.

Gorman makes sense with his 9 appearances.

Orin Midwinter has found his way into my lists 7 times, and Saxon Orrik 6. 

Madelyn Corbeau and Ogrun Bokur both sit at 5 games.

And last but not least comes Wrong Eye & Snapjaw. Somehow I've managed to fit them into my list only 3 times.



No comments:

Post a Comment