Thursday, October 3, 2019

Thief in the night

Last game of round three for Vanguard campaign.

My twilight kin was against the basileans in this ones. Again my company was the aggressor. What can I say. Executrix Nirha just wants to wake up people.

Round was 175 points, and I had Executrix Nirha, Reaper Guards Nista and Holrotho, Quartermaster Poosk, Summoner Crone Catrul and Bruberdge the Butcher in my team, and was facing a million immortal Basileans. I might be exaggerating somewhat.

First round we had some missile action. A member of Basilean sisterhood shot Nista down right on the first attempt. By now no-one is surprised when it was this one particular crossbowyer who indeed is a force to be reckoned with.

Not to look any worse, Quartermaster Poosk did exactly same thing to some Basilean of which I don't recognize. Catrul ventures too deep into the forest, as she was easily caught into melee there. Fortunately I had packed a potion of haste to Butcher, and he was able to run into the woods and even take a swing with second action. And later even a forced fatigue swing. One grunt was down, but by then the woods were already flooded with panthers and paladins.

Poosk was being charged by veteran sister and another member of the enemy team, and she was struck down like a twig.

In terms of kills it was even, but then again, I had five models remaining and opponent had eight. Or nine, if you count the very sleepy commander.

Fortunately Catrul was adept at summoning Reapers, who stalled Basilean ranged brigade long enough for executrix Nirha to make a major breakthrough that was littered with Basilean corpses. Unfortunately Holrotho had perished, too. Citizen levy had also been an early casualty, so my warband was broken.

At least I passed nerve tests when it came to fleeing models. However the case, my model count was too low now to effectively search every tent. I might have had one go at the Basilean leader, but situation never came up. The commander was that sleepy headed.

I should probably have chosen to be the defender, because those couple early casualties really took a toll on my tent searching capability. As a defender I probably couldn't have stopped that tiny army of humans from ransacking my tents, but Nirha is quite the murder machine.

Post-game both Poosk and Holrotho received horrible scars and Nista made full recovery. Exploration phase was horrifying. My warband encountered a thief. And to make matters worse, that thief made off with two of my campaign golds. So I only got twelve coins from this round. But I try to think that maybe my warband survives this setback. Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment