Thursday, April 12, 2012

Black Rituals

A quick change of plans and things went into Warmachine today.

We played a 35 point game at the local gaming shop, and this time I brought my Skorne along with me.

I was against epic Kaya with three warpwolves and other stuff, same list as earlier when I played against her.

My list was:

Dominar Rasheth
- Bronzeback Titan
- Rhinodon
- Basilisk Krea

Maximum unit of Praetorian Swordsmen + Unit Attachment
Minimum unit of Beast Handlers
Venator Flayer Cannon
Extoller Soulward
Thrullg
Orin Midwinter

Opponent won the starting roll and went first. First picture is taken from end of opponents second turn. The map had a nasty bottle neck that was formed by the two buildings. This worked to disadvantage of both players, but, well. I was facing epic Kaya with a handful of beasts so I guess the buildings bothered Circle a bit less.

I tried to set up some counter charge lanes, but it was difficult. Next picture has a weird angle, but gives impression of how the buildings were affecting the game.

That turn Thrullg ate one engaging war wolf, and Rasheth cast Breath of Corruption to forest, nailing druid wilder and giving four points of damage to Lord of the Feast.

Orin Midwinter also cast lightning that arced 3 times to the other war wolf and scored a hit. Lightning bounced to heavy warbeasts, and much to my suprise, both warpwolf stalker and feral were damaged by the spell.

Then it was time for Kaya to use her feat. Rhinodon was hit with Dogpile and Rhinodon was smashed to bits by Warpwolf Stalker and Feral. Stalker would have probably made a barbeque party just by itself, but opponents dice were pretty damn cruel there. I guess that saved my basilisk Krea from being made into frog legs.

Another War Wolf came to engage thrullg, but Bronzeback counter charged it. Woo hoo. One point kill for Bronzeback.

Kaya's feat could have been a lot worse here, but still. Opponent was unassailable by my forces and I had lost a heavy warbeast.

On my next turn I was a bit obsessed by Lord of the Feast. But it's one of those models that usually cause somewhat obsessive need to kill him before the ravens fly.

This time the ancient manifestation of devourer wurm bit the dust (breath?).

With my other troops I just closed in, except Orin Midwinter, who shot another lightning that arced 3 times to a shifting stone. This time at least Laris took damage, don't remember the other damages.

Next picture includes both my turn and opponents turns, as Circle backed up and healed all damage Orin Midwinter ever did. Nice try there, old man, but your efforts were in vain. Laris came and ate him and then teleported to Kaya, wagging its tail merrily. At least that's how I picture it. "Aw, cootchie cootchie choo... You came back to mama... what's you got in your mouth there? Oh, is it someones pancreas? You naughty doggy, I hope it isn't one of our initiates again..."

Well, then. I try to get aggressive, but the only aggressive thing was the stern look basilisk Krea gave to feral warpwolf, which was paralysed as a result.

Oh, and a praetorian swordman charged a shifting stone and destroyed it. And after that he side-stepped so Rasheth might cast Breath of Corruption through him.

Stalker and Laris were damaged and the stone itself was left with one hit point.

Now, opponent just activated the stones and the stone in question took one point of damage and was destroyed. It melted away from blocking Stalker's charge.

Who then did charge swordmen. It killed three of them and sprinted to safety of a nearby forest.

On my turn extoller soulward gave Eyeless Sight to venator flayer cannon, who did the only thing right it ever did in this game: shot warpwolf stalker and dealt enough damage to knock its mind off. Encouraged by this thrullg advanced to be used as a target for black rituals. Rasheth activated and cast Carnivore on swordsmen and breath of corruption on last remaining shifting stone. Resulting damage killed Laris.

Swordsmen then charged warpwolf stalker, but this is where my dice failed. Two of the four who got in contact missed and the two who hit didn't roll exactly awesome numbers on damage.

Heh, looks like the dice I rolled for Krea's paralysis gaze are still on table in the picture. I just don't get it how you can just look so horribly wrong that your gaze misses.

Well, next turn opponent brutally crushes my beasts and deals 11 points of damage to Rasheth.

Feral Warpwolf kills the mighty titan whose best achievement during this game was killing an already damaged 1 point solo. Luckily titans don't go down easily and feral is maxed on fury.

Also pureblood warpwolf misses, what, four attacks in a row against basilisk Krea. So it becomes maxed on fury too.

Stalker has to heal itself to repair its mind, after which it does a little berzerk chain and is maxed on fury.

So Kaya charges basilisk Krea, kills it with one strike and casts Muzzle on Rasheth, dealing 11 points.

Since there was no damage transfer target for Kaya, Rasheth tried to blast her with spells. First he unleashes Plague Wind and then a fully boosted Sunder Spirit hit home. After that a breath of corruption with damage boost is landed on her, which damage roll was 5, 5, 5.

It was a good game, something different for a while. But I cannot feel like a scheming mastermind here now, since looked like that at times opponent couldn't roll above 4, even with 3 dice, and especially on somewhat critical places.

No comments:

Post a Comment