Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The power of placement effects (epic Deneghra involved)

I played a game of Warmachine later this day on Vassal.

I played Circle Orboros and opponent was playing Cryx, and as it turned out I was facing epic Deneghra.

I did have epic Krueger as my warlock, however, though my list was pretty messed up against Wraith Witch's feat.

I had:

Krueger the Stormlord
- Gnarlhorn Satyr
- Feral Warpwolf
- Gorax

Minimum unit of Wolves of Orboros
Wilder
Blackclad Wayfarer
Feralgeist

And opponent had

Wraith Witch Deneghra
- Nightmare
- Deathripper

Maximum unit of Mechanithralls + 1 brute thrall
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls
Withershadow Combine
2x Warwitch Siren

Opponent won the starting roll.

On my turn I tried to keep distance from Deneghra without getting caught with my whole army under her feat, but, well, it failed. I think it's a good lesson to be playing against her for once... Only two Wolves didn't fall under her feat during round 2.

All of my warbeasts and wilder were pretty tightly packed. Deneghra had turned incorporeal but she still had to fear Kruegers staff o' lightning. Deneghra cast Curse of Shadows on Gnarlhorn Satyr and after that Hellmouth on it, which was clever and nasty trick, as the push effect from that spell put Gorax and Gnarlhorn just in front of Krueger so that he didn't have line of sight to Deneghra.

Well, I did have telekinesis though.

Mechanithralls, however, ran to block line of sight even more.

On my second turn I tried to fire a stone spray from my Blackclad Wayfarer, which cleared two mechanithralls from Krueger's way. Then Krueger used telekinesis on Gnarlhorn Satyr and took an aimed shot at Deneghra, resulting in hit. After two damage boosted lightnings Deneghra was at one damage point.

Krueger had no fury to boost the last damage roll, but the roll didn't come out at double 1's.

End of a fast game.

No comments:

Post a Comment