Thursday, June 22, 2017

Rasheth vs Goreshade the Bastard

A 50 point game of Warmachine from who knows when. Got to start writing these things up lest I forget everything.

My list was:

Dominar Rasheth
- Agonizer
- Cyclops Savage
- Aradus Sentinel
- Rhinodon
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min)
Praetorian Swordsmen (max) + Command Attachment
Venator Reivers (min)
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor

Opponent had:

Goreshade the Bastard
- 2x Nightwretch
- Reaper
- 2x Slayer

The Withershadow Combine
Mechanithralls (max)
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls
Satyxis Raider Captain
Warwitch Siren

Scenario was Extraction and Cryx started game.

Opponent brought a couple of his warjacks too close and I decided to launch Rasheth's feat. Feat was satisfying, as it wrecked quite a few Mechanithralls and two Slayers plus a Nightwretch.

Gnawing Pain from Agonizer and Rasheth's feat being an aura-like effect didn't make Cryx's retaliation a very impressive one. A reaper and a full minimum unit of Bane Thralls killed pretty much just the Cyclops Savage.

I could have attempted an assassination next, but I thought my position was strong enough to play safe.

Well, my next turn wasn't all that beautiful either. I was struggling to remove the Bane Thralls, and I couldn't even wreck Reaper.

I opponent would have removed both heavies next turn, it could have turned the tables entirely. But that didn't happen even if Goreshade charged in. Neither heavy beasts died.

I somehow got rid of the Deathwalker, critically knocked down Goreshade with Rhinodon, and then Aradus Sentinel walked to maul the cryxian warcaster. Aradus had to take a free strike from Reaper, but that didn't accomplish anything.

Goreshade was destroyed. I suppose there would be extra details I could squeeze from my brains into this writing, but in the end it was pretty straightforward game.


No comments:

Post a Comment