Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Where's Tesla?

Scenario seven of Rise of Fenris, the Scythe campaign.

Four player combinations were: Militant Togawa Shogunate, Agricultural Fenris, Industrial Albion and Mechanical Vesna. 

Much to my dismay, scenario didn't have a victory condition for maximum workers. That was terrible, as I had easy combo of getting all eight workers on turn 3. This meant I would not have time to get a column filled on the final victory track. 

Bah. Humbug! To make everyone suffer from the iniquity I faced I blew up the factory. 

Then Togawa exploded some sort of a juggernaut into bits of scrap metal all over the board. This was a bit too much, and to alleviate the situation I had everyone sign a demilitarization pact. 

Having learned from the last game we played, Togawa Shogunate rushed to the #3 special encounter space in Rasputin's leap-frog line. 

Vesna had drawn submerge as one of their mech abilities, which meant they were rather adept in gathering special encounters that were required for victory. 

In my military endeavors I had messed up my logistics (sounds eerily topical...) and was losing gold on my activations. Because of this I just tried to rush all five special encounters, and I did get to four but my plans were thwarted by Vesna, who parked a mech to a location I would have picked next after purposefully losing a fight against Albion to teleport Rasputin back to home base.

Vesna was also at four encounters, but decided to end the game in old fashioned way to get more money as a reward.

Thus, nobody found Tesla. Where is he? 

Mechanical Vesna 89pts
Industrial Albion 68pts
Agricultural Fenris 64pts
Militant Togawa 53pts

No comments:

Post a Comment