Tuesday, January 11, 2022

They grow in vats

Scenario six for Rise of Fenris, the Scythe campaign.

My first game with Fenris faction. So far in the campaign only Togawa shogunate still plays with their original faction so the board has changed.

Faction combos were:

Mechanical Fenris, Agricultural Togawa, Engineering Albion and Militant Vesna.

Thanks to infrastructure mods my faction wasn't that horribly hosed by the starting location of old Nordics. Mods change the game rather drastically anyway, as seen when a Mech jumped with two starting workers to village beyond the river.

There, my latest technological breakthrough, automachines, started constructing, well, people. And a whole lot of them, actually. In a single turn all of my workers were on board. 

Rasputin started hopping from event to event, which most notably gave me the oil fields. 

Albioneers got event where they paid for me to never-ever attack them, pinky pwomise, so I kind of had zero reason to quarrel with them. Instead, I bullied Togawa shogunate with influence tokens. Game seemed like it was strongly in my favor, but then out of sudden those Vesna people start spewing victory stars left and right. And my bold attempt to teach them a lesson was spoiled by the arrival of Vesna people cavalry. 

In the end I only received six stars. Had I only won that one combat...

Oh well, at least I secured one final victory row. 

Scores went:

Militant Vesna 76 points
Mechanical Fenries 71 points
Agricultural Togawa 59 points
Engineering Albion 49 points

No comments:

Post a Comment