Friday, April 3, 2020

Total Eclipse

Alright, lately here has been a lot (at least to my standards) of painting updates. That's because I've been progressing in some of the more eccentric figures - I rarely do updates for Warmachine models because there are so common on my painting table. But the rare the piece, the more likely I'm going to bother brewing up a blog entry.

And I've been doing Kingdom Death models for a while now. If it wasn't for this beauty of a model, I'd probably skip this.

But not for Sunstalker.

I think the first three expansions I ever bought were Lonely Tree, Lion God and the Sunstalker, so it's been waiting a long, long time for some paint. And it probably still would have if it wasn't for a few days I spent feverishly with the brush. I don't think I've painted like that since my early 20's, so I don't know what happened.

Anyway, overall I'm pleased with the results. I had originally wanted some glowy spots to be bright, but they ended up too dark. I didn't want to ruin the model with thicker paint than that, so I let it stay relatively dark. The hood of hands was experimental, and I'm relieved how it turned out. To me it looks neat, and the bright white finger nails give it a more finished touch.

But here it is. The Sunstalker.

No comments:

Post a Comment