Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Dawn of a New Settlement

I went bankrupt when I ordered my own copy of Kingdom Death 1.5. I hope I'll get some of the expenses covered by selling the miniatures from the box that I already have scavenged from all over the planet.

With some details from the upcoming content getting sneak peek reveals here and there, I feel confident in starting a new settlement sooner rather than later. I should be able to play at least the first two years before I need any information I do not currently have. Well, unless I really want to build the Bone Club after prologue.

Next settlement will have:

- Many random cards from various expansions, including terrain and settlement events and the like.

Full expansions in my possession are:

Sunstalker
Lion God
Lonely Tree
Flower Knight
Manhunter (though I use a Settlement Event to trigger him. I plan to do this for Slenderman too if I ever get my hands to it. I don't like to replace any prior content.)

- I didn't find challenge scenarios challenging enough, but I did like a degree of uniqueness they brought. To make them a little bit less of a freebie, I'll require an endeavor to trigger them.

- General consensus seems to be that Lion God is too hard for what it potentially gives. This house rule is not going to alleviate that much, but since it is Lion God after all, I think it's proper that it gives 1 + monster level White Lion resource.

- A special milestone of my own "The world has changed": when survivors reach Overwhelming Darkness for the first time, I shuffle a few expansion terrains and settlement events to their respective decks, with a roll involved:

Nominate a survivor
1-2: You realize there's more to world than what you can see. Nothing happens.
3-5: You feel every opportunity present itself to you. You can choose any Path you like.
6-8: Take 1 event brain damage. Every survivor may add +1 to their roll in Overwhelming Darkness.
9-10: On Arrival, gain +1 strength token.

No comments:

Post a Comment