Sunday, November 4, 2012

Short and sorry (not a dwarf, mind you)

It's been over a week since this game was played. I wonder if me slacking on doing these write-ups is somehow connected to me registering a Steam account?

Anyway, it was a Cryx vs Legion of Everblight 35 point game with no scenarios.

My list was:

Lord Exhumator Scaverous
- Seether
- 2x Nightwretches
- Ripjaw

Maximum unit of Bane Thralls + Unit Attachment
Bane Lord Tartarus
Skarlock
Necrotech & Scrap Thrall

And opponent had following Legion list:

Epic Lylyth
- 2x Ravagore

Striders + Unit Attachment
Minimum unit of Raptors
Anyssa Ryvaal
Shepherd

I think I won starting roll, since opponent used Lylyth's feat on first turn. Templates all over Cryxian forces are scather templates from ravagores.

That was a horrible turn for Legion, though. Inability to roll 5+ on two dice or 8+ on 3 dice was... a hinderance, at least. Both Bane Lord Tartarus and Necrotech were left alive with one box remaining, and if memory serves, Ripjaw lost its weapon system. Two bane thralls died. And that was about all.

But what can you expect, when Lylyth misses 2/3 of her attacks, ravagore misses the critical attack to nail down Tartarus?

To add an insult to injury, my next turn went perfectly.

First Seether is allocated one focus, and Nightwretch one. Wretch runs close to Lylyth. Tartarus just runs "somewhere there". Skarlock casts Telekinesis on Seether.

Scaverous activates and feats out. He casts Ghost Walk on Seether, Telekinesis on Lylyth and Icy Grip on Lylyth just because he had the focus. And because he still had one, he cast Telekinesis on Bane Lord Tartarus to get Lylyth into Dark Shroud.

Seether then charges Icy Gripped Lylyth, claiming back arc bonuses while she was in Tartarus' Dark Shroud. GG?

Damn, it could have been a fair game if I would've had my share of dice screw in this one. Maybe I shouldn't whine about victories, but really, this just felt too unfair.

Ah well, I got another game in the write-up queue against the same opponent, which was pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment