Friday, November 18, 2022

Burning Pram

 I gave another Malifaux demo on Vassal for a potential player with whom I had already played a demo game earlier.

We expanded the complexity to:

25 soulstones with masters

Standard Plant Explosives

Schemes: Assassinate, Search the Ruins, Breakthrough, Detonate Charges, Claim Jump

My list was:

Molly + Necrotic Machine
Philip & Nanny
Rabble Riser
Night Terror
Crooligan

Stones: 2
Schemes: Search the Ruins, Detonate Charges

Opponent had:

Dr. McMourning + Zombie Chihuahua
Rafkin
Flesh Construct
2x Guild Autopsy

Stones: 1
Schemes: Search the Ruins, Breakthrough

Since it was essentially a demo I won't go into that much detail. Suffice to say that with this low model count it was kind of difficult to deny points which, I think, fits well to a demo game. After all it's more fun to score points.

Dr. McMourning got a really good stacking of poison going on, but this also caused Experimentals to move in one big group. This left Crooligan, and to some extent Night Terror, to plant strategy markers and scheme markers without anyone stopping them. 

Turn three was rather interesting for me. I had managed to save one thirteen from last round. I had to take a picture from cards I drew. 

And as opponent was throwing away cards left and right I couldn't even refill my hand with Molly. This all caused, for example, Philip & Nanny to fail to put up Boring Conversation. And that was their death sentence. In the end they survived the activation phase with two health remaining. But they had a staggering amount of Poison +13, which Necrotic Machine failed to remove because of my hand.

In the end scores went 8-6 for Molly with opponent missing end condition from Breakthrough and one strategy point.

No comments:

Post a Comment