Wednesday, September 7, 2022

It just had to come vol III

 Had a 50ss game of Malifaux on Vassal.

Strategy: Standard Cursed Objects

Scheme pool: Assassinate, Spread Them Out, Leave Your Mark, Set the Trap, Vendetta

My list:

Jack Daw & Ligeia
Montresor
Johan Creedy
Catalan Brawler
Hanged
Dead Outlaw
Guilty

Stones: 7
Schemes: Vendetta (Dead Outlaw on Iggy), Leave Your Mark

Opponent had:

Pandora2 & Poltergeist
Candy
The Carver
Hooded Rider
Iggy
Aversion
Wicked Doll

Stones: 6
Schemes: Assassinate, Leave Your Mark

Turn 1:

Mistakes were made. 

I clumped up my models even there was Candy in opposing team... My last encounter with her wasn't that bad, so I had not learned the fear in its full extent.

Once opponent had moved Cnady with Hooded Rider, and given her Fast, I started to worry for a bit. I decided to launch Hanged on suicide mission, and managed to tie Candy in melee until Aversion activated. Only thing I could figure out was to make double walk with Jack Daw and use Drawn to Betrayal to re-engage Candy.

That did buy me some time.

Turn 2:

But in the end I could not delay Candy long enough for my crew to spread out. Nope, I had exactly two models outside of her devastating aura - Dead Outlaw and Hanged. 

It was the most hideous situation I've ever been in sixty or so games of Malifaux, but eventually it just had to come. I had to give up on second turn because the board state was hopeless in highest magnitude, and opponent agreed. Game was irrevocably lost after just a few activations, but we still played at least to the end of the turn to have something you could call a game. My "game" at that point was just to see if I'd be able to remove Candy. I couldn't.

At least there was some comfort in Iggy accidentally killing Jack Daw when opponent had Assassinate scheme. Woo hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment