Monday, November 29, 2021

"Influential reward"

 So we continued a four-player Scythe campaign, the Rise of Fenris.

In the fourth game Fenris actually began to show up. Agricultural Nordics, Industrial Albion, Patriotic Togawa and Mechanical Vesna were catching up their agents. There isn't much to tell about this game. No clear defining strategies had time to develop because of this over-enthusiastic world police called Vesna. Mechanical Vesna mobilized themselves to catch any and all Fenris agents they could find.

Game ended in just eight rounds. As a result, no-one got much in the way of mech mods or infrastructure mods. Final scores were:

Patriotic Togawa 29 (two Fenris agents)
Agricultural Nordics 28 (one Fenris agent)
Mechanical Vesna 27 (four Fenris agents)
Industrial Albion 17 (one Fenris agent)

Because the scenario ended so soon, we took on the fifth scenario with a big mystery box in Factory.

This time nations were Mechanical Nordics, Militant Albion, Patriotic Togawa and Innovative Vesna.

Because of my goal cards I had started hoarding power with Nordics.

Out of curiosity I uncovered the Seaworthy ability as quickly as I could and stomped to factory - the only route to ignore any influence tokens.

It was sixth round when my bear rider got to Factory. A big, stompy robot appeared and we had a cutscene.

In the cutscene an influential reward was promised to the player who'd manage to vanquish this new menace. Because it had worked so well for our Vesna player, I decided to try and uncover some hidden boons for me in the later scenarios. I was a bit envious that he already had +2 power and +3 influence at the start of every game.

So my hero punched the behemoth real hard, and the thing fell down in just one hit. I had gained a combat card with value of five, and had rolled one for the strength of the annihilator.

Bam. Scenario over. And it was the sixth round. Oh well.

Scores were:

Mechanical Nordics 41
Innovative Vesna 24
Militant Albion 19
Patriotic Togawa 16

And my influential reward, hmm, hmm?

I lost my faction and gained a new one.

One that doesn't have swimming workers. On a starting area with no village whatsoever.

Thanks, Vesna.

No comments:

Post a Comment