Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sigil of Hell

 Had a 75 point game of Warmachine in Vassal.

My list:

Cryx

 Black Industries
Asphyxious the Hellbringer [+24]
- Deathripper [6]
- Inflictor [13]
- Leviathan [16]
- Slayer [10]
- Stalker [8]
Machine Wraith [2]
2x Pistol Wraith [0(5)]
Swamp Gobber River Raider [1]
Bile Thralls (min) [9]
Black Ogrun Ironmongers [6]
Mechanithralls (min) [6]
 - Brute Thrall (3) [0(6)]
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls [4]
Soulhunters (max) [18]


Opponent:

Legion

Children of the Dragon
Rhyas, Sigil of Everblight [+30]
 - Archangel [35]
 - Seraph [14]
 - Typhon [20]
Annyssa Ryvaal [8]
Blighted Nyss Shepherd [1]
Blighted Nyss Shepherd [1]
Blighted Nyss Warlord [0(5)]
Blighted Nyss Warlord [0(5)]
Forsaken [0(4)]
Blackfrost Shard [9]
Blighted Nyss Raptors (max) [18]

Scenario was Anarchy. 

I made the mistake of letting the house on my side of the board divide my forces. Seraph was able to shoot my Stalker dead, and Archangel shot a couple of good deviations, killing a Soulhunter and setting two on fire, and damaging Deathripper.


Turn 2

One of the Soulhunters burned to death. I spread them out on the circular zone so that opponent would have to bring at least something in to contest the zone. 

Deathripper positioned itself so that Asphyxious was able to arc Calamity on Seraph. I decided it would be my best interest to shoot Seraph with Leviathan instead of leaving all of my warjacks within charge range of Legion. Much to my surprise, Leviathan single-handedly shot the beast dead. I was planning on using Vociferon to finish the beast, but instead the solo went to my flag to possibly score it next turn.

Opponent used Rhyas's feat and fully closed in. Typhon tickled Inflictor with some sprays, after which Nyss Warlord charged Inflictor and did the feat jump to engage Deathripper and contest flag. 

Archangel then wrecked Inflictor and Deathripper. 

Anyssa shoots her prey, a Pistol Wraith, dead. Raptors charge Slayer and Leviathan, and considerably damage the Slayer. Leviathan not so much. Another Nyss Warlord finishes up the Slayer, and I'm left to deal with the situation that I just lost two heavies and arc node. Opponent scores a point from flag.


Turn 3

This is my ambush turn, and Mechanithralls are able to both run to contest enemy flag and remove both contesting Raptors. 

Bile Thralls remove remaining raptors as well as a Nyss Warlord. 

Asphyxious casts a spell to remove a Raptor in frond of him, and walks a bit forward to use his feat. He has only one focus, and I was almost expecting to lose because of this.

Leviathan shoots the Kiss of Lyliss trooper from Blackfrost Shard. Remaining Soulhunters charge the flag contesting Nyss Warlord and Archangel. Warlord dies, Archangel much less so.

Cryx scores two points, for 2-1. 

Legion has a bad turn, failing to kill any of the Brute Thralls. They do kill Vociferon and all but one Soulhunter. My scorers are dead or contested, so Legion evens the scoreboard with 2-2.


Turn 4
With 13 focus, Asphyxious casts Calamity on Archangel and Cloak of Ash on himself. He's in a vulnerable position, so I play it safe and camp five focus.

Bile Thralls remove Anyssa, and Mechanithralls aided by Bile Thralls melt the rest of the zone contesting Blackfrost Shard. 

Ironmonger and the last Soulhunter remove contestants from my flag, and Machine Wraith jumps in to get the point. Leviathan tries to shoot objective, but rolls only one shot which isn't enough.

But still, scores go 4-2 for Cryx.

Typhon failed at its activation terribly - it took all of the three sprays and even some melee attacks to destroy two mechanithralls and two brute thralls. Legion gets no-one to contest my circular zone, but Archangel clears zone on the right and contests my flag. Saeryn rushes to score a point from the zone, and scores go 5-3.

Turn 5

If I get three points this turn, I win. However, I decide to play the long game and secure two points and deny opponent from having any.
Asphyxious casts Calamity on Typhon, and Mechanithralls charge and soften the heavy beast a little. 

Then I figure out a clever way to destroy objective - Ironmonger with Dismantle is within charge range! Too bad that the damage roll isn't nearly enough. The objective is not my objective now, though.

But somehow Bile Thralls succeed to spray the enemy objective dead.

And Leviathan charges and does the same for Typhon.

Swamp Gobber River Raider runs to enemy flag, and Machine Wraith goes to contest enemy circular zone. Whoopsie. Did get three points anyway.






No comments:

Post a Comment