Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Minions Bore Gifts

I'm not sure what it means, but I'm baffled how Dungeon Lords feels like a recent addition to my board game collection... yet it has been about four years since I last played these with friends in Salo. But last weekend this all changed. In all of these games we had three players.

First game we played was without expansions, except for monsters and adventurers and such that comes with Festival Season. This was to reacquaintance people to game mechanics. Fun moment here was probably when I had to shoot my Demon with monster catapult just to survive second year adventurer attacks.

Second game was with Festival Season expansion. Though I scored last in this round, I believe I can say I won the bragging rights as I had both dwarf paladins in my jail when game ended.

Last game was with Festival Season, as well as first time ever with Minions Bearing Gifts. We used straightforward variant. I'm not sure how other players felt it, but it did affect my game a lot during second year - that priest preventing a point of damage was annoying nuisance that continuously ruined my plans. So, it was a good expansion. Because I had been such a paladin magnet in first two rounds, I kept low profile on Evil-o-Meter in this game. A spell that made me release a prisoner cost me the game, as I was one point behind from winning player.

Each player won once, so I suppose we need to settle who's the most evil Dungeon Lord in... umm... next four years?

No comments:

Post a Comment