Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Masters of Steel

So, I managed to get a grand total of one practice game for last Saturday's warmachine tournament.

I would be taking Skorne with Masters of War and Winds of Death.

My list was:

[Theme] Masters of War
Lord Tyrant Hexeris [+28]
- Agonizer [6]
- Archidon [10]
- Tiberion [22]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
- Aptimus Marketh [5]
Feralgeist [2]
Cataphract Cetrati (max) [18]
Legends of Halaak [8]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Praetorian Swordsmen (max) [13]
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard [4]
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer [0(6)]

And yup, it's illegal. I accidentally fielded Beast Handler unit that had been forgotten during list construction. Now, I can't feel too guilty over this because I also have unused choice of free Command Attachment or Tyrant Commander unit.

I noticed how Aptimus Marketh was rather useless in this list, as he was only able to cast Sunder Spirit. So he'd have to go at least.


Opponent had (probably):

[Theme] Legion of Steel
Koldun Kommander Aleksandra Zerkova [+28]
- Devastator [14]
- Juggernaut [13]
Iron Fang Kovnik [0(4)]
Kapitan Sofya Skirova [0(5)]
Ragman [4]
Uhlan Kovnik Markov [7]
Great Bears of the Gallowswood [9]
Iron Fang Pikemen (max) [15]
- Iron Fang Pikemen Officer & Standard [0(4)]
Iron Fang Pikemen (max) [15]
- Iron Fang Pikemen Officer & Standard [4]
Iron Fang Uhlans (max) [20]


I didn't know what to do. As I'd be pretty much forced to take the alpha strike, I decided to rush Tiberion to what looked like a nice bottleneck to me. But all manner of filthy Cryx tricks made by Zerkova managed to navigate most of Khador army to attack the character beast. Well, at least it did take some resources to remove - unit of Iron Fang Pikemen, Sofya Skirova or Iron Fang kovnik, Juggernaut and Great Bears of Gallowswood.

Legends of Halaak were pretty much wasted, as opponent had Ghost Walk to make them immune to free strikes.

I did get good mileage out of Hexeris' feat - it removed quite a few pikemen.

Feat cleared path for Titan Gladiator to attack Juggernaut, but it didn't amount to much.

I had started dragging behind on scenario points and eventually lost the scenario game. I don't remember how I actually lost - maybe Hexeris got killed somehow. But a loss it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment