Thursday, January 8, 2015

New year starts with cross dr... I mean cross demonstration!

One of the Mordheim players here had voiced some interest in Warmachine, and today we played two demo games.

It was a cross demo between Warmachine and Hordes with following lists:

War Witch Deneghra
- Leviathan
- Nightwretch
- Deathripper

and

Kaya the Wildborne
- Feral Warpwolf
- Scarsfell Griffon
- Gorax

It didn't seem to cause too much unnecessary confusion that we used both systems. In fact it seemed to cause less confusion than when I have included a solo or two in demo games. A video battle report or two did wonders in absolutely necessary rule referencing - I almost didn't need to explain the basics at all, and games could start right away with me explaining as we go.

Kaya did win both games, but in first game it took very last possible attack I was able to make, and Kaya was at one hit box then. Second game Kaya beat Deneghra personally in melee, but again she had five or less hit boxes remaining.

I don't know what else there is to say since it was a demo game. Fresh blood is more than welcome in this city. Or if the demo player picks up Cryx, then fresh... undead... flesh?

Oh, nice. And I just broke the "arrow up" button on my keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment