Sunday, November 27, 2011

Death count: 1 mechanithrall

Today I played a game of Warmachine.

I wanted to give another try to Scaverous, him being all new and dandy for me.

It was a 35 point game against Khador, scenario being Capture the Flag.

My list was:

Scaverous
- Nightmare
- Defiler
- Ripjaw

Minimum unit of Mechanithralls + Brute Thrall
Withershadow Combine
Cephalyx Overlords
Skarlock
Ogrun Bokur
Ragman

Opponent was playing:

Sorscha
- Beast-09

Maximum unit of Winterguard Infantry + Unit Attachment
Maximum unit of Man-O-War Bombardiers
Widowmakers
Kayazy Eliminators
War Dog
Kovnik Joe

So, opponent won the starting roll. There is this slight proxy there, as eliminators aren't really released yet.

First picture is taken from the end of my first turn, and I tried this time not to crop the picture too much so that all of the board and terrain would be visible in at least one picture.

Widowmakers took nasty position up on the hill, and I had dedicated the unit of mechanithralls to contest my flag. Bad match-up there.

Opponent came a little bit forward and took pot shots with all models that could do so. One widowmaker sniped the mechanithrall that's in the topic there, and one man-o-war did one point of damage to Defiler.

When it was my turn I got a bit over-excited with Nightmare.

Nightmare was loaded with 3 focus, and had Telekinesis cast upon it. Admonia had also upkept Death Ward on it. Skarlock cast Ghost Walk on it. And then it charged Beast-09. Well, it did tear everything else down except column 1, meaning it had only open fist intact.

Now, the over-excitedness came from the fact that when I was "cheat-measuring" distance to Beast-09 from Scaverous, Beast was about 1 inch away from the maximum distance of Scaverous' control area.

So, Scaverous cast Telekinesis on himself and measured again, this time making it absolutely clear Nightmare could charge Beast.

Well, that play with a spiffy spell cost me a warcaster.

Because:

Then came Sorscha, then came Sorscha's feat, then came 2x razor winds at focusless def 5 Scaverous, and last came the hand cannon.

Then came 4x man-o-war bombardier cannons. Didn't need the last cannon shot, as Scaverous was nailed at the fourth one.

No comments:

Post a Comment