Saturday, August 12, 2017

Lantern years 12-17

Last time I survived this so called "database crash", though luckily I managed to save the important bits. As it is, I keep my inventory updated here. Of course other things are stored in physical object, too, like innovations and equipment and such, but since there is no actual storage of resource cards I have them only here.

Anyway, here goes, starting from the lantern year 12.


I hunted a level 2 screaming antelope to get Barber Surgeon. I rolled badly in the Overwhelming Darkness space and again had two survivors start the showdown with zero survival. I did find two founding stones on the way, though.

In this showdown I noticed the flow on Lone Rampage. Whoopsie. All this time I've just taken in that flight...

Also, I just complained how I seem to get Tall Grass all and every time, and, for comparison I have never got an Ore Vein, which has equal likelihood. I guess someone, somewhere heard my annoyance when I got... both Tall Grass cards from the terrain deck!

Anyway, fight seemed to take an eternity because again I had to be extra careful. I did take a couple of brain traumas during fight and one dried acanthus was eaten, perhaps, I'm not sure because I didn't take detailed notes when I lost it. I just know I only have one dried acanthus in bank right now.

Still I don't get the horns I need to complete Screaming armor set. Oh well, I make Screaming Leg Warmers back, plus Round Leather Shield for upcoming fight with The Hand. Settlement innovates Inner Lantern, and world seems to smile at me once more.

Settlement Event is Triathlon of Death, and the survivor I found from the statue starts to look like my next shining star once Accunaicus is going to die to Murder event next Lantern Year. This is exciting time indeed, because if I manage to score one wound to The Hand with Accunaicus with her spear, I will get Spear Mastery innovation. If I don't score that wound, well, she ain't getting proficiency level and she's going to get murdered. Even if she wouldn't get murdered, she would transform into a King's Man next.

Shuddering with fear I begin showdown with The Hand.

And I do feel like a cheater.

Random terrain was Nightmare Tree. I got three broken lanterns from there.

Gilded Codpiece was among the first three hit locations. The Hand raises a finger.

First a survivor lobs a Founding Stone at The Hand. Then Accunaicus comes and wounds The Hand, gaining instant respect. Since the revealed attack was going to hit Accunaicus, I didn't rush things. Perhaps I should have, because the attack disemboweled Accunaicus. However, she was able to get away from the 2-wide zone of death when Wartel threw the second Founding Stone at The Hand, getting the attack with ten damage and -4 to severe injury tables. Wartel took a severe injury, which burned dried acanthus.

Showdown was over.

I got three broken lanterns and one general scrap from The Hand being such a sore loser. He threw the lantern at Accunaicus, making her doubly deaf.

Lunicor got +1 permanent accuracy from Age, and Santel took Leader fighting art. How useful, since she has shattered jaw.

Settlement event was Lights in the Sky.

And then starts a disturbing amount of Story Events that have all piled up to this lantern year. First I resolve Murder, since it's a settlement event anyway. Both Accunaicus and Santel, the victim and the murderer, are killed. I get Monster Bone and Monster Hide.

I think I actually get only two Broken Lantern resources, because there's only two in the basic resource deck and they haven't been archived yet.

Hooded Knight leaves a tattered parcel for Lunicor. Silver City Stark Raving disorder seems to be a natural choice for Lunicor, then.

I nominate Wartel for Hands of Heat, and he gets +1 Speed from branded feet. I spend nameless scrap, a broken lantern, monster organ and monster hide on the feast.

Since Lunicor is a returning survivor, I have him use his matchmaking abilities right away. I pick result 7 rather than 9, since Armored Strangers are making a visit once again. I make a Skullcap Hammer for Statue person to use.

Statue person uses Bloodletting and cures Prey disorder.

Reamope makes a statue out of Heroic, and Lunicor learns Tough fighting art from sculptures.

Alright. Things are going so well that it's time for me to jump to bigger game. Next hunt is either Phoenix or the Sunstalker.

To make acquaintances with base game content, I chose to hunt the Phoenix.

I was fairly confident in my survivors. When I rolled "44", opportunists, I was pondering if I should go for the big kill. I was afraid Phoenix hunt events and I wanted the Plumery, so I thought I'd hunt the weakened phoenix even with far less resources at stake. I'm happy I did.

It was a god-awful fight.

My survivors missed around 70% of their attacks. All of my survivors had 7 survival at the start of the fight. At the end of the fight only two had any survival left. They were the Rawhide set users. Dash & Surge should have done wonders, but not when there is a general inability to roll over five or six, when many attacks required 6+ or 7+ to hit.

I fought the Phoenix three full rounds when it had zero AI cards. That was distressing. Most of the survivors were one or two bleed tokens short from dying. Rolls from triggered Age events also just gave useless fighting arts. I would not have survived the adult encounter.

Then when the survivors come back home, there's an ongoing plague.

I was dreading to see this event pop up, as the last time it nearly destroyed my settlement. But that was before settlement had Ammonia. Third roll for treatment gave 9+, so I still have one endeavor left.

Armored Strangers toss some resources on me, and I get all things combined 2x Monster Bone, 2x Monster Hide, Broken Lantern and Monster Organ.

I get Pustules and Muculent Droppings from Phoenix.

Endeavor is spent on leather making, and I construct First Aid Kit and Leather Mask.

Next I attempt Kara Black challenge scenario with the intent of training Twilight Sword user a little. Turned out the challenge was way too easy. But still I did not get the horns I need to complete Screaming armor set. Instead I built leather boots, scavenger kit and innovated Song of the Brave.

One endeavor is Intimacy via Lunicor's matchmaking. Lunicor also uses augury and gains +1 Understanding, triggering Insight.

Year 16 I decide to go for The Hand level 2. This time I will try to survive until applause. I threw most of the newborn survivors at the nemesis. Reamope was the only "old face", so to say.

In the end The Hand applauded my efforts. Only Kara Black survived, though. She gained +1 permanent strength.

Then The Hand is a sore loser and he throws a broken lantern at Lunicor, the Twilight Sword wielder. And killed him. Four dead survivors in one go. Only one Endeavor to spend.

I did get resources from scavenger's kit and from the board, plus resources from cannibalize. Skull, 2x Monster Organ, Monster Bone, Monster Hide, Broken Lantern and ???. Plus the projectile scrap The Hand used in killing my best survivor outside of a fight.

Settlement Event is Skull Eater. This made me do a heavy sigh. I knew one should not let outsiders join settlement... Kara Black gets the Marrow Hunger. She rolls 4, meaning someone is getting murdered next year. That someone is most likely the statue person.

To try and save the settlement, I make a love juice with Pottery. With a hovel I would have received a savior, but I got twins instead. Maybe it's for the best.

At the death of Lunicor relieves me from the pressure of training Twilight Sword user.

Statue person is two steps away from Club Mastery. I don't think I got other choice than to hunt Phoenix and try to get some age tokens. But not too many.

When I remember to roll for Kara's Age story event, she gets a fighting art, which is Abyssal Sadist. Makes perfect sense.

I made a Screaming Skirt.

And start hunting the Phoenix.

During hunt, though, an unmaking made me lose a few items. Monster Greases most notably. One result also caused nasty event damage, but I managed to arrive relatively intact.

This bird was bored, and I managed to put some wound locations with Eye of Storm in succession to the Bored mood. Early critical hit made a mess out of Phoenix's materialize and displacements.

It mauled the fresh face pretty badly - named Phoen, by the way, but she did not die. Which is good, as she was nicely aged to become a murder target for Kara Black.

There were also a couple of other permanent injuries, but Huice got her dismembered arm grown back at least.

Rewards were amazing. It includes everything from actual rewards, plus from cannibalized murder victims and critical hits and unmade items:

1x general bone and 2x general organs.
2x Broken Lantern
2x Monster Hide
2x Monster Bone
Wishbone
2x Pustules
Small Feathers
Tail Feathers
Hollow Wing Bones
Muculent Droppings

Settlement event was Silk Storm. Hooded Knight offers to teach fighting arts.

I make Phoenix Helm, Leather Bracers and two Monster Greases back. Finally settlement innovates Symposium.

Statue person learns Heroic from a sculpture (should combine nicely with his Burning Focus) and I make one Love Juice from Pottery. Resist cures her Apathetic disorder with Bloodletting. Huice uses bloodletting "just because."

I'm saving Love Juice for next year so that Armored Strangers will give me goodies once more.

Resources:
Skull, 1x Monster Bone, 3x Broken Lantern and ???.
2x Large Flat Tooth
Beast Steak
Bladder
2x Pustules
2x Muculent Droppings
1x Love Juice

Tail Feathers
Wishbone


Fresh Acanthus
scrap


Storage:
1x Cloth
1x Bone Darts
2x Rawhide Headband, Vest, Boots, Gloves, Pants
Rawhide Gloves, 2x Boots
Cat Eye Circlet
King Spear
Whisker Harp
2x Monster Grease
Catgut Bow
Claw Head Arrow
Bone Axe
Bone Blade
Bone Dagger
Bandages
Monster Tooth Necklace
Lion Headdress
Scrap Dagger
Scrap Sword
Screaming Coat + Leg Warmers, Skirt, Bracers
2x Blood Paint
Counterweighted Axe
Lucky Charm
White Lion Helmet + Boots
Leather Mask, Leather Cuirass, Bracers, Boots + Skirt
Rawhide Drum
Leather Shield
Brain Mint
Skullcap Hammer
Blue Lantern
Dormant Twilight Cloak
First Aid Kit
Scavenger Kit
Giant Stone Face
Phoenix Helm


Sculptures: Tough, Heroic

Population: 6

Innovations & Principles:
Language, Ammonia, Bloodletting, Paint, Lantern Oven, Sculpture, Pottery, Partnership, Drums, Guidepost, Cooking, Inner Lantern, Song of the Brave
Spear mastery!
Cannibalize & Protect the Young & Barbaric

Locations:
Lantern Hoard
Organ Grinder
Skinnery
Bone Smith
Stone Circle
Weapon Crafter
Leather Worker
Barber Surgeon
Plumery

No comments:

Post a Comment