Sunday, August 28, 2022

Once a king now a beggar

 Played a game of Carcassonne again. It was five players.

Early in the game I took a risky decision concerning a few farmers - three, in fact - and it was a gamble that didn't pay off. The fields looked really promising, but in the end the important field I "stole" with two farmers gave me one city worth of points. Third farmer got absolutely nothing because I never got a piece to expand to neighboring fields...

To make my matters worse, I ended up in a situation where I had zero workers left. I don't remember where I actually placed the last one, but I thought it was worth the risk involved. I had like three different spots that would give workers back to me. Needless to say, I never got those. Or the piece to expand my farm.

What I did get was monasteries, endless, endless monasteries where I couldn't place workers at all. 

There may have been some lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment