Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Mechs vs Minions

When we played Kingdom Death, there was a sort of board/miniature game day at a local gaming club. And because I'm not going to move Kingdom Death: Monster sized box by walk, I needed a lift there and back. This meant I was tied to the schedule of the driver.

So after packing up Burkstad I got to play another board game, which was called Mechs vs Minions.

We had four players, and we played the third scenario where the boss model is introduced.

It was quite fun game. I had this yellow support mech with the Einstein-y looking person on top of it.

Of course I didn't know a thing what I was doing. It was, in fact, a little goofy that for a couple first rounds all my contributions that could be considered useful were all made by my mech's permanently broken systems.

I don't think I did even a single damage to boss, but I did dismantle boss' shields a few times, as well as enabled mechs to repair each other. Which happened around two times.

I don't think the end could have been more epic. The boss had already loaded up it's GG gun. I forget if boss had three or two wounds remaining, but definitely enough to make victory seem impossible. I went first and could only open up one shield.

Next player managed to bring boss down to one wound remaining and could have wrecked it had correct shield been down. Well, it wasn't.

Fourth player was too far to deal damage, so win or loss depended on player three. He did have a weapon that could deal damage, but he had like three broken systems that each forced movement. I believe it was fifty percent chance for the mech to travel to unfortunate direction. But rune die was on our side and boss was vanquished. Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment