Friday, January 13, 2017

Breach of Contract

This game was played over a week ago. I had originally planned to play Deneghra3, but I forgot both the miniature and a few warjacks at home, so in haste I threw this list together:

The Witch Coven of Garlghast
- Erebus
- Slayer
- Leviathan
- Nightwretch
- Defiler
- Deathripper
The Withershadow Combine
Cephalyx Overlords
Bile Thralls (min)
Necrotech
Pistol Wraith
Soul Trapper
Swamp Gobber River Raiders

I am not entirely sure about the enemy list, but it was something like this:


Operating Theater
Exulon Thexus
- Subduer
- Warden
- Wrecker
Cephalyx Mind Bender & Drudges (max)
Cephalyx Mind Bender & Drudges (max)
Horgenhold Forge Guard (max) & Cephalyx Dominator
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt & Cephalyx Dominator
Cephalyx Mind Slaver & Drudges (max)
Cephalyx Overlords
3x Cephalyx Agitator

Scenario was Take and Hold and Cephalyx started game. For whatever reason Cephalyx had turned their weapons against their Cryxian paymasters (or bodymasters?)

In the first picture I have sent Slayer to kill one of enemy monstrosities. Witch Coven has used their feat, so I had a relatively safe turn coming from the opponent next. Even Slayer gave tremendous difficulties for low MAT & RAT models.

Opponent had been failing Tough rolls far below average, and still there were so darn many mind slaves on board. Even with Bile Thralls and my own Cephalyx Overlords I was running low on the number of attacks to kill that many models in time. My choice of warcaster didn't actually help in this matter either - Coven doesn't really have any tools to remove large number of models.

Forest was an easy hiding place for Exulon Thexus, but Maelovus had been casting Ghost Walk on various arc nodes, who had then ran to channel spell at the enemy warcaster. Arc node #1 caused a few damage points in thanks to Puppet Master. Most of them were removed via Psycho Surgery, though.

I don't have the actual details on my memory any more, but Exulon had kept failing at something on his feat turn, so he only had one focus point left for damage block. Most of my Bile Thralls had been lined up to die under psychic sprays of different Overlords.

I was too afraid of losing Erebus and then having nothing to deal with monstrosities, so I tried assassination.

It took a little bit of shuffling to get Defiler to run for channeling position, but after that was done two damage boosted Stygian Abysses with re-roll from Puppet Master was enough to give me the victory.


No comments:

Post a Comment