Friday, November 11, 2016

How much hut would a Hutchuck chuck if a (oh come on, I'm not going there...)

Well, it must be something like three weeks or so since these games were played.

It was a caster swap week in Journeyman League, and I took Morvahna2 in.

My list was:

Morvahna the Dawnshadow
- Gnarlhorn Satyr
- Winter Argus
- Gorax Rager

Maximum unit of Tharn Ravagers + Chieftain
Druids of Orboros + Overseer
Shifting Stones
Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter
Blackclad Wayfarer

Objective: Bunker I think... not sure any more.

Scenario in both games was Extraction.

First game was against Cryx with:

Lich Lord Venethrax
- 2x Slayer
- Reaper
- Harrower
- Deathripper

Maximum unit of Mechanithralls
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls
Skarlock
Necrotech
Soul Trapper

I opened the game by bringing Hutchuck to the table and lobbing knockdown grenade on a Slayer. Then Blackclad Wayfarer had easy time landing in Hunter's Mark. Ravagers charged in, but did overall very little.

I was wondering if I would be able to start some sort of scenario play, but I was not able to bring in enough meat to block Cryxian advances. Yet again - my initial battlegroup was not very optimal for wrecking even Arm 17 targets. Not that I actually got my battlegroup into action, but that's beyond the point... I was afraid. That's the point.

Well, I nibbled at the helljacks what I could, but attrition started to look like I had already lost.

But then opponent makes a blooper by activating with Venethrax, and bringing him to a certain position. Then Reaper advanced and got counter-slammed over Venethrax.

He had not activated all of his models yet, so promptly everything that could came to block Gnarlhorn's charge lane to Venethrax. If it hadn't been for a couple of Druids and their new and de-proved Wind Bolts, Gnarlhorn would most likely have been denied it's charge.

Considering Gnarlhorn's track record at failing in absurd situations, I wasn't expecting a caster kill. But that may have been a karma of Mk2, for this time around the Primaled satyr killed enemy warcaster. Yay.

Second game was against Convergence with:
(There's quite a bit of guesswork here, since I don't have Reconstruct on opponent's army list. )

Forge Master Syntherion
- Modulator
- Cipher
- Monitor
- Corollary
- Diffuser
- Galvanizer

Optifex Directive
2x Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex
2x Elimination Servitors
Attunement Servitors

I started pretty much the same as I did last game - Hutchuck enters field and knocks stuff down, which Ravagers then charge aided by Hunter's Mark.

This time it was even worse of a move than it was last time - after all, a couple of Ravagers aren't going to wreck heavies and Syntherion has this auto-repair thingy going on for him.

However, scenario game started to look a lot more promising. Opponent didn't have that many attacks to remove so many medium base models (and the smaller ones also, of course) so I started to snatch a control point here and there. But somehow a vector always managed to sneak close to contest things when they shouldn't have.

Came the time when all Ravagers were dead (twice) and I had completely lost the western front. I did have three scenario points I think.

At least I vaguely remember counting that if I somehow destroy enemy objective and the contesting Cipher on the same turn, I would win.

It wasn't lack of effort that kept the Cipher in game. My damage rolls all over the board were terrible, and I would have needed a little bit above average ones to actually stand any kind of a chance. But no. It took almost all of Morvahna's Fury to destroy Cipher, and then there was this Corollary that a Druid had missed with a Wind Bolt. There it was, still contesting.

Morvahna died to her own re-rolls in vain attempt to remove Corollary.

No comments:

Post a Comment