Friday, November 24, 2017

Irregular Machines

Around a week ago I played this 75 point Warmachine game.

My list was:

[Theme] Infernal Machines
Asphyxious the Hellbringer
- Leviathan
- Reape
- Ripjaw
- Stalker
Darragh Wrathe
Necrotech
2x Pistol Wraith
Bile Thralls (min)
Mechanithralls (max) + 2x Brute Thrall
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls
Soulhunters (max)


Opponent had:

[Theme] The Irregulars
Captain Damiano
- 2x Mangler
Major Harrison Gibbs
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor
Ragman
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Horgenhold Forge Guard (max)
Idrian Skirmishers (max) + Chieftain & Guide
Kayazy Assassins (max) + Underboss
2x Kayazy Eliminators
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt

Cryx started game for once. It becomes apparent quickly that despite the arrival of Mechanithralls from ambush, I wouldn't stand much chance in scenario game - or at least I didn't believe in my capability to clear the board with such high defense on Kayzys all over. And contesting enemy zone and flag would only work half of the time - opponent had advantage in attack volume as well as strength. Well, sure, I had Bile Thralls, but I didn't expect them to survive Idrians and Holt for an extended period of time that scenarios would require.

So I sent Vociferon to die. Asphyxious managed to take only three souls via this particular skarlock.

Mechanithralls made impressive job in killing one Kayazy Eliminator and even scoring a hit against the other - damage roll just wasn't enough to kill her. Also, Idrian command attachment was gone.

Damiano starts scoring points. All but one Brute Thrall is eradicated, and three Soulhunters survive only because of poor rolls by Kayazy Assassins. Although it isn't showing in the picture, my rectangular zone is being contested by an Eliminator in farthest corner possible. And another Eliminator contests my flag.


Now when I look at the pictures I don't understand why did I not try to score three control points? I mean, surely everything I got could have taken care of two Eliminators and a few Forge Guard on the middle zone. Maybe being outnumbered so badly scared me, and made me attempt assassination instead - even when Damiano had used his feat.

First various models try to clear some Forge Guard. Ripjaw runs into position and Asphyxious casts Calamity on Damiano (which hits) and then Mobility.

Darragh gives Death Ride and Bile Thralls get something around three of four Purges on Damiano. Speed of seven and range of thirteen gave even Leviathan some random shots against Damiano. Finally Reaper walks into melee with Damiano, and succeeds to kill the Don Quixote of Iron Kingdoms. Once more it was last possible attack I could make that killed Damiano, but considering it was an automatic hit from sustained attack Helldriver, it was a fairly secured one.


No comments:

Post a Comment